Spartans Home

Playing 7v7 battles

custard~SPARTA~

Had a chat with Floyd after last nights 7v7 battles we played.

We came to an agreement that we need to have a bit more of an understanding (as a group) how these battles could be played so we can have at least some success rather than losing everytime like last night.

FTR we don't think anyone that played last night was at fault how they played it was the choice of tanks and tactics that were to blame and we were all involved with that.

There is a teir points maximum in these battles and the makeup of the teams is going to have to be closer to what they do in ESports to have a chance to win a bit.

We need to look at what they do in ESports have a chat and Floyd suggested do a little team training before we all get discouraged further.

Successfull ESports teams have had teir one tanks as scouts and even arty so this would include everyone we play with.

If you do any research on tank choice etc or have some ideas to share please post them here.

• 1 month later...

After John has explained the winning format this has become succesfull for us (and more importantly fun)

I really do not like doing the commanding as Luggage has pointed out I have a great difficulty in handling all the info it is hardly my forte.

My tactics are simple the two scouts go and do there thing the teir 8s move as a blob to a position I choose. When the enemy 8s are spotted I try to get us as close a spossible before engaging and then swamp them. Both Floyd and Luggage have expressed the opinion we should use a training room to set up a small book of plays this would help me.

I think I should explain what I want us to do when we engage as John has said the primary weapon we have is focused fire but it is a bit more than that. I want us to be as aggressive as possible when we swamp them.

If you reverse or peek a boo when reloading you are potentialy reducing your ROF, keep moving forward to be a faster harder target to hit if possible. When moving on target be aware as possible of teamates leaving them room to move and LOS on target. Lead elements should actually move past target and surround it. Do not be scared to take a hit to the point it stops you getting on target the primary marked target is the only objective at that point.

End of plan no more imagination.

I don't want to do too much of this personally as it detracts those that want to grind tanks from there grinding. I wouldn't mind investigating Junior Tank Company battles because this would give newer players a much faster opportunity to play the big tank role.

I would be very much open to tactics, ideas, plans for specific maps all that kind of stuff as it really is the weakest part of my game.

I like scouting, but its not helping me get better tanks, so 2-3 battles a night is enough for me. And maybe those that want to win more battles can help 'starters' like me to grind their tanks to be of more assistance... win win situation I'd say.

Luggage and others like teaching others how to play, and I like to do some scouting in return..... ;-)

After John has explained the winning format this has become succesfull for us (and more importantly fun)

I really do not like doing the commanding as Luggage has pointed out I have a great difficulty in handling all the info it is hardly my forte.

My tactics are simple the two scouts go and do there thing the teir 8s move as a blob to a position I choose. When the enemy 8s are spotted I try to get us as close a spossible before engaging and then swamp them. Both Floyd and Luggage have expressed the opinion we should use a training room to set up a small book of plays this would help me.

I think I should explain what I want us to do when we engage as John has said the primary weapon we have is focused fire but it is a bit more than that. I want us to be as aggressive as possible when we swamp them.

If you reverse or peek a boo when reloading you are potentialy reducing your ROF, keep moving forward to be a faster harder target to hit if possible. When moving on target be aware as possible of teamates leaving them room to move and LOS on target. Lead elements should actually move past target and surround it. Do not be scared to take a hit to the point it stops you getting on target the primary marked target is the only objective at that point.

End of plan no more imagination.

I don't want to do too much of this personally as it detracts those that want to grind tanks from there grinding. I wouldn't mind investigating Junior Tank Company battles because this would give newer players a much faster opportunity to play the big tank role.

I would be very much open to tactics, ideas, plans for specific maps all that kind of stuff as it really is the weakest part of my game.

You do a great job mate, had fun every time ive played 7v7 so far :)

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Maps

Good to hear you are starting to enjoy this format abit more :)

The mistakes many other teams do (and you can avoid, as I to try to avoid) are:

Not take a full compliment of tanks (that inc. the 2x tier 1's)

Not use the tier 1 scouts to their potential.

Not use the terrain to their advantage, for example: you got fast AMX 50-100 auto loaders, then use the ability to get distance to an advantageous point on the map.

You got T32's & IS3's, then T32's need hull down terrain & IS3's need to be up front as shields.

AMX 50-100 & IS3's ? not a good mix as AMX's has to run slow to keep with the team.

Main Group (excl. tier 1 scouts , which are really early spotters)

Main DPS tanks & 1 real scout, like a high speed AMX 13-80

1 guy does command, if it goes wrong, discus & all learn....

Rotate command if others want a go to see how much work is required to do it, makes for a better understanding....

Individual players:

IF your a heavy & you lose your gun or turret traverse, ammo rack.. deal with it, commander does not need to know....

Less distractive chatter, the better... till you all think it's a closed deal & your going to win 100%.....

Carry the equipment that will help your tank deliver better DPS or vision !!!!!

IF your tank has 400m view range, forget binos & optics.... mount rammer, vert. stabilizer,

remember the scout is the eyes for the heavies, the heavies are the fire power for the scout....

FOCUS FIRE the lowest HP tank, remove that gun...... remove that player.

DON'T be caught out in a bad position, if the commander says go E1 & you expose your tank on the way or at E1 you can't get safe !!

DON'T do it directly.... go via a safer point & find a better spot near E1 when you get there...

REMEMBER E1 is a general map Grid reference !! not a direct location !!...

EXPOSE your tank to the minimum enemies !!! one bad guy able to shoot you is better than 2 or 3 !!!!

ANGLE YOUR TANK...... to make it harder for the bad guys to get a penetration....

If you see something happening to your FLANK..... cover it or call FLANK in COMMS to make all aware !!

EVERYONE should be able to use the MINI MAP from the start to the END !!!!!!

IF they say they did not see it... they were not looking !!!!

When YOU CAN see it, it's on the MINI MAP !! for all....

So to conclude:

HAVE FUN

TRY TO MAKE A PLAN before the counter hits ZERO !!, even if you change it later....

MISS DIRECT ENEMIES

SPOT ENEMIES

IF YOUR SPOTTED, PRESS F7 (that is the sos, ping on the mini map) standard, iv'e been a noobie & been spotted protocol.

FOCUS FIRE

USE THE MINI MAP

WORK TOGETHER (that does not mean you have to be in the same 20m sq.).

KILL THEIR SCOUTS when you can !! (it's like poking their eyes out)

WIN & have fun...

LOSE & learn...

IT only gets better & better..... big grind for all..... :)

We haven't lost many so far and the focused fire blob thing is working very well. Nobody but Luggs or I will do the command role it would be nice to rotate that more and I as commander don't know how to get the best out of the scouts. I think Hoot in particular performs well as the scout but it would be nice if I could play scout a few times to understand better what there role is when I am in command.

TBH it has been fun

Okay, So I'be only been playing around 2 weeks and have been enjoying the 7v7 where, for obvious reasons I have been playing tier1 exclusively.

Just wondered on peoples thoughts as the best way to play the scout role in 7v7. I seem to go to the designayed location and mostly die...

Also, I am grinding my way through the Ameican Light (M5 Stuart) and British Medium (Churchill I) Lines. These will take me to the T69 or Caenaevon at Tier VIII. Should I be looking to change my progression or are those VIII's acceptable?

Samurai

(aka ZakalweTalen till I buy some gold ;) )

IS3 is what the pros appear to use or the AMX

The VK, Tiger 2 and T32 are not a good combo with the IS3 but I think the Caernarvon is

I wouldn't grind tanks specifically for this Sam I would still recommend the turreted US TD line and the US heavy line as the most fun route to go

Great job last night on all those wins staggering winrate guys.

Question when I mark a target I also give the targets name over comms does everyone see the name of the tanks driver as standard and if not would this help?

• 1 month later...

I will make an effort to play some 7vs7 battles over the weekend

I also think it would be a good idea to have some training room time not all night just half hour or so to bash out some basic plans and to have a chat about other peeps ideas on plans not just mine. I would rather hear an idea someone has in a training room so they can explain it properly than in the 20 seconds countdown to battle launch.

Prokhorovka

Steppes

Himmelsdorf

Abbey

Lakeville

Mines

I know we have played these maps are there any others?

Use this tool to make a tactical plan and share it if you feel so inclined

http://tacticplanner.rutkai.hu/

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

There is another online program (no download required)

http://www.maptactic.com/static/maps?map_pack_id=1

map tactics (we use for clan wars) it's free, you make an account any user name & pwd (for the one editing map)

I registered user: noscream, that way others I invite can see it's me.

But you could register user: sparta or what ever....

You give others the link & they can join.

The link is only valid for that map & is unique.

You can save maps/tactics online.

You can share access to map edit.

It's good.

masthead-5-d21d2c834287f2f2ca3156cb2223b

map tactic home

http://www.maptactic.com/

it supports many games.

• 2 months later...

There was me saying T32 is nnnoooooo good

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/esport/science-of-victory-24-04/

Edited by custard~SPARTA~