Spartans Home

PSA: Vehicle Access List

MH6~SPARTA~

Within the next couple of days, the Sparta access list will be going into effect.

What this list does exactly, is prohibit people that are not registered on our forums and active on teamspeak from operating the more powerful vehicles such as artillery and combat aircraft.

Now, if you are reading this, you are most likely a forum member. So all you will need to do is add your ArmA 3 Profile ID to your Sparta forum profile. You can do this by clicking your name in the top-right of the screen, clicking My Profile, and then click Edit Profile. You need to fill out your ArmA 3 in-game name and your ArmA 3 profile id in the bottom of your forum profile, and click Save.

To find your Arma 3 profile id, launch ArmA 3, click Options, click Profile, click Edit, and copy (highlight the text and press left control + c) the ~17 character long ID from the profile field and paste it into your forum profile.

Once this is done, you will automatically be given vehicle permissions once the access list goes live. If you do not do so, you may find yourself unable to enter anything other than light ground transport vehicles. So keep that in mind.

This server-side addon will also allow anyone registered on the forums to run any mod they desire without having to get us to add it to the server first: another reason to add your profile ID to the forums if you are one of the countless people enjoying their myriad of client-side mods.

A third benefit is that should you accidentally teamkill someone (or someones, or 30 someones if you are flying), you will not be automatically kicked. This system will be put in place to help keep some of the more sinister public players in check and thus will give members a free pass--though should members intentionally TK, they will be dealt with by an admin.

Also, if you are a Spartiate or above, doing this will add you to the Squad XML file so that you can get the Sparta tag/emblem in-game.

So, just a heads up. Be sure to save your ArmA profile information in the forum so you will be ready when the access list goes live..

Woot!

This is awesome. Really dig the integration with the forums.

You have Hunter to thank for that. It was initially only for squad XML but I decided to use it for the access permissions so we have everything in one place. Also makes it easier on us because members can add themselves.

So everyone make sure you setup your profile!

Does this need to be done even if you are already on the XML list, as I am (to my knowledge)? If so, I'd be more than happy to do so later.

Also, this list is a great step in the right direction. A great idea, one of I hope others to follow. :thumbsup:

Edited by ECHO~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...

How does this list work, exactly?

I realise that it checks the forums to see if your ID is registered here, but does it also check TS to make sure you're on? I don't use the same name in TS and the game. If it does check TS and can still get around my different names, do you have to be in a certain channel, or is it enough you're on the server? 'Cos sometimes when it's a slow night I'll be in a different channel chatting, but might still want to fly something because I'm the only one on the server...

ArmA 3 Squad XML 'Remark' within the ArmA 3 Profile ..

What, if anything, goes in this remark field?

What you enter in that field is what shows up in your info box when people click on your name in the "Player List" in game. If you leave it blank it defaults to giving the LOSC TS3 info.

How does this list work, exactly?

I realise that it checks the forums to see if your ID is registered here, but does it also check TS to make sure you're on? I don't use the same name in TS and the game. If it does check TS and can still get around my different names, do you have to be in a certain channel, or is it enough you're on the server? 'Cos sometimes when it's a slow night I'll be in a different channel chatting, but might still want to fly something because I'm the only one on the server...

The list does not interact with TS3 in any way, no worries.

- Hunter

I'm lost (stop laughing :help: ;-)

ArmA 3 Squad XML 'Remark' within the ArmA 3 Profile ..

What, if anything, goes in this remark field?

:worshippy:

Sorry mate stopping laughing is not an option

:banana: :banana: :banana: