Spartans Home

Sparta Arma 3 Server

KalXen~SPARTA~

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to remind our players that have been busy playing from the get go that now the actual game is out

and not a Beta the server rules shall become moderated better so please

don't get mad when asked to chill or etc.

It is a game and we all want to have fun but we will be getting many guest and need to moderate.

:thumbsup:

Couple of thought on the latest version of invade and annex on the server.

1 Please make it so anyone can revive the medic

2 We could consider making MHQ2 the side mission MHQ and using the MH9 instead of the strider. This allows small groups to fly to the side mission and respawn there if neccesary.

2 We could consider making MHQ2 the side mission MHQ and using the MH9 instead of the strider. This allows small groups to fly to the side mission and respawn there if neccesary.

he's back

say only the right class can take AT thats a mess when u only have a couple off players in here not ?

I thought the same EBE until I played with Adder and Zeno for a bit.

The UVAs are a better option for me. Unlike air support in ARMA 2 UVAs are quiet and are less likely to irritate ground pounders as long as they are called in by agreement.

I never liked having to take out Armour with hand held AT at mid/close range it always seemed too much of a lottery.

I thought the same EBE until I played with Adder and Zeno for a bit.

The UVAs are a better option for me. Unlike air support in ARMA 2 UVAs are quiet and are less likely to irritate ground pounders as long as they are called in by agreement.

I never liked having to take out Armour with hand held AT at mid/close range it always seemed too much of a lottery.

The AT gear slows me down too much. Letting the UAV do all of the work is quite nice.

bump

I had an idea and tried it out and have made it work.

Using a UGV as an mhq. This allows you to send it towards an AO and then you can carry on flying there and then whist your carrying on with your mission mhq is making its way to you. so when you finish you can use it to teleport back or one person to get a chopper or to rearm or to teleport in reinforcements. currently seeing how long it will take to go across island.

That's definitely an interesting idea. It would need to be controllable by anyone I think though. I think a similar discussion should be about opening up UAV terminals to those on the whitelist, similar to pilots. The gunner slot was intended for artillery, and is usually the first slot to fill up but only because of the UAV terminal permission. With 2 UGV's and 2 UAV's, it would be nice for other units to be able to call on them when needed.

EDIT: Scratch that, UGV's arent in this map.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

I haven't messed with the UAV/UGV at all, is each vehicle assigned to an individual player or if you have the terminal can you control any unmanned vehicle on the map?

I also considered the UGV MHQ idea when I first started playing, just never followed through with figuring out how they worked.

- Hunter

UGV MHQ is a great idea. But, from what I understand, for purposes of the whitelist, the MHQ needs to have a unique vehicle type/name not used elsewhere. Thus why the current MHQ is the Strider. By using the UGV as the MHQ we wouldn't be able to use it normally on the map. Someone smarter should correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, given the current map's setup of delegation of roles, one one role slot would be able to control the MHQ.

UGV MHQ is a great idea. But, from what I understand, for purposes of the whitelist, the MHQ needs to have a unique vehicle type/name not used elsewhere. Thus why the current MHQ is the Strider. By using the UGV as the MHQ we wouldn't be able to use it normally on the map. Someone smarter should correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, given the current map's setup of delegation of roles, one one role slot would be able to control the MHQ.

No longer true. Whitelist works with both vehicle classname and vehicle variable name (which is West_MHQ etc in map). Also, access list doesn't work on UAVs yet so its a moot point.

I wouldn't mind having a UGV MHQ though. I like that idea. Connect to it, drop it off a few klicks outside AO, and let it move in closer on its own. Just make it liftable by the MH-9 please.

To make the UAV stuff only usable by the whitelist group sounds a good idea to me, making ppl that do not want to bother registering on the forums and being on TS have to relie on those on the good boys n girls list is a winner.

I haven't messed with the UAV/UGV at all, is each vehicle assigned to an individual player or if you have the terminal can you control any unmanned vehicle on the map?

I also considered the UGV MHQ idea when I first started playing, just never followed through with figuring out how they worked.

- Hunter

Even if multiple people have UAV controllers only the first one to connect to the specific unit has control and will retain it until he disconnects from the UAV. At the moment there are no UGVs on the invade and annex map, but thats an easy fix and also there is only one person able to control UAVs.

Even if multiple people have UAV controllers only the first one to connect to the specific unit has control and will retain it until he disconnects from the UAV. At the moment there are no UGVs on the invade and annex map, but thats an easy fix and also there is only one person able to control UAVs.

I was thinking either adding back in the "Mission Commander" and "2nd in Command" (whatever it was called in Domination) and/or just making the Squad Leader positions able to use the UAV terminals.

Is there any real need for the artillery gunner position to fly UAV's?

- Hunter

I was thinking either adding back in the "Mission Commander" and "2nd in Command" (whatever it was called in Domination) and/or just making the Squad Leader positions able to use the UAV terminals.

Is there any real need for the artillery gunner position to fly UAV's?

- Hunter

I was thinking the same.

Confirm that bug for me. I thought it was fixed.

Messed with the map some.

Added UGV MHQ. Changed MHQ names to MHQ Alpha, MHQ Bravo, MHQ UGV. Fixed UGV MHQ so that you can connect to it after it respawns. Also added that code to aw_unitSetup and vehicle scripts just in case some other UAVs don't get setup. Not sure if the UAV respawn bug was present as I didn't test it, but should definitely be fixed after that.

Added Commander slot. Spawns under camo net with the UGV MHQ, and can control it. Can also use the quadcopter to scout the AO (really useful for reconnaissance).

Kal, I'll upload my changes to the Git repo. I assume Tyler told you about that, if not let me know and I'll give you the details.