Spartans Home

Sparta Arma 3 Server

KalXen~SPARTA~

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - I loaded up this morning expecting to be on the final files, but I was still on the dev package. Bohemia suggests that everyone move back to stable for the time being as they work to release/resynchronize. (http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00025)

Once I opted out of dev, it forced a new 1 gig download of files for me. When I loaded it up, I was on v .76 Beta. From reading the separate announcements, I expect sometime later today the files to update to 1.0. (http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00010 )

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~
Updated experience.

BTW - I loaded up this morning expecting to be on the final files, but I was still on the dev package. Once I opted out of dev, it forced a new 1 gig download of files for me.

Strange, my DL was 339mb only, that was from the dev build .77, from memory.

Would be interesting to know what other folks updates were.

There's plenty of time left to play Donzi, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I believe that there needs to be some more obviously defined rules for tac-coms, and clear indicators when it is in use (such as editing the teamspeak channel name to specify as such). I have of course interrupted people when they have attempted to call out information, not going to say that I'm perfect in this regard. Sometimes everyone seems to not want to coordinate much, which is fine sometimes, but then I hear complaints about people flooding voice with unimportant comments, even when no tactics or important communications follow this. Or on the flip side, people wanting to coordinate and nobody seeming to even want to give them the time of day. I think much of this might be linked to the server opening to the public more, but I suppose we'll see.

In short, if there was a more clear protocol on tac-com and when it was in use and not, I think that there would be less of a problem with off-topic conversation. It would make it easier to recognize that it is not an appropriate time to waste time, or is.

Also, the two sniper spots are interesting I think. I believe that it might be sensible to utilize them (and their spotters) better however, as a sniper can be far more effective for his team if he relays intel and helps paint targets rather than simply shooting (as I have been attempting to do). This emphasis on teamwork I think would make it a good idea for any snipers to be on teamspeak. I suppose in-game coms works well enough however, mostly I just wish there was a way to limit the roles that good players might play from falling into bad hands (pilots and artillery are the most critical of course).

Good tactical play tonight, really enjoyed myself, feels just like the old Arma 2 days are here again.

Strange bug tonight with my kit but that didn't stop the fun. Certainly felt exposed going in on the tower with just a pistol but complete confidence in NCO & Halli for cover. More of the same please. :thumbsup:

Thanks for allowing me to rendezvous with ya'll.

Cept when it was over the Damn Chopper pilot picked up the few and not the many.

Gonna have to make Strict rules for Pilots about when to enter a zone

and when to leave a zone and the fact that pilots don't control the flight plan they follow them!