Performance Drop

Watchman~SPARTA~

Launch Parameters

-nobenchmark -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -high -world=empty

Edit your cfg @ C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\Arma 3

Change both of these to 1.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Thanks for the input Skaz but already got that done. Tried a few different servers today and was stuck between 15 & 20. This is with the dev build.

for those who have real !! Low!! machine and stil wanna play

things that really improve FPS... (if ur desperate)

you can always be a part of an CQB squad assault team (then)

CFG .

fullScreenWidth=xxxx; as high as you can ?
fullScreenHeight=xxxx;
refresh=60;
renderWidth=xxxx;
renderHeight=xxxx;
multiSampleCount=4; or 0
multiSampleQuality=0;
particlesQuality=0;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; or bit more (test)
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=8; or lower if possible
vsync=0;
AToC=0;
cloudsQuality=0;
pipQuality=0;
dynamicLightsQuality=0;
PPAA=1; or 0
ppSSAO=0;
ppCaustics=0;
tripleBuffering=0;

-------------------------

sceneComplexity=25000; or lower ( it worx but...not all buidings wil be visible after +- 500m ) (normal setting is around 1000000 for me !)
shadowZDistance=50;
viewDistance=1600.0001; or lower
preferredObjectViewDistance=1600.0001; or lower
terrainGrid=50;

hope this helps those who cannot

greetz

I played for several hours yesterday, over a number of sessions, never getting above 18fps.

However, for the first time ever (with any game) each session threw up low memory warnings, advising to close Arma3.

I'm guessing this is linked to my loss of fps, any suggestions?

I'm running a Q9550 quad at 3.2 (doesn't like to OC beyond that), 8gb ram, 7870 2gb and Arma is on my SSD.

I've put a few hours in today, on the full release. Initially on Skaz's PC and then a few randoms plus setting up my own. In all cases I start out with a manageable 25+ but this gradually diminishes over time. After a few hours with Skaz and the guys I was routinely into single figures. Doing a memory flush was suggested which having Googled was LShift and the '-' key from the numpad, then typing "flush", for Arma 2. This doesn't work for me and by that I think it's a byproduct of my keyboard.

I have a Z Board Merc, which has a custom FPS key layout on the left hand side and as a result has a combined numpad / arrow keys / Home etc layout on the right. Because of this the numbers etc are a secondary function of the key group, accessed when the Num Lock is activated. So I'm assuming that because of this Arma isn't recognising what I'm trying to key in.

Don't have another keyboard at the moment and before I consider getting one it would be useful to know if the key combination from Arma 2 does carry into Arma 3 and whether it actually works to get the fps count back up?

Sorted the keyboard issue and can now perform the memory flush, however it doesn't appear to have any effect on frame rate.

Played for several hours yesterday and saw better frames, in the 18-25 range. With the exception of a couple hours on Killerbee's server (PC), where I was getting 35 plus and this was with a ping over 300. But as Killer pointed out, he has a serious PC & was only hosting one game vs the typical multi servers in a box, from a paid provider.

Played for almost 4 hours on Sparta with a lot of guys, again starting in the low 20's degrading over the time to 8-11 consistently. Even then I wa still finding it playable and had it not been 02:30 would probably have restarted the game to kick the frames back up.

So I guess it's going to take an upgrade to see any real improvement and that's not happening any time soon.