Spartans Home

Your Current Situation in Rome 2 - Story form!

EMT~SPARTA~

Hello fellow Spartans,

Please post, in story form, your current situation / dilemma you find yourself in for Rome 2.

Post your faction, year, $$ you have in the reserves, and then your story.

I would love to read what everyone is going through. If you need help with the names of provinces or factions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War:_Rome_II is the link to the wiki, along with a map http://i.imgur.com/GwhcAqI.jpg.

I will start

Iceni

200 B.C. (estimated)

14,000 in reserves

Current Situation:

I've established trade routes with the entire western seaboard and have been enjoying my trade income for quite some time. My people are happy and Britannia is almost conquered, but one lone tribe stands in my way! I have severed all ties with them and estimate an easy victory...or so I thought.

All this time...I have ignored them...they had been busy...

I move two of my veteran armies to siege their measly town head on, while bringing in reinforcements from the rear flank.

They knew...

The Caledones confronted the rear army head on... Ultimately, there was no hope. I left them to fend for themselves. But This! This gave me time! Time I desperately needed to complete the siege weapons for the assault. Without them, I had no hope.

You think you have plenty of time...until you run out of it.

Their armies did not appreciate my presence on their soil. They came for me, but I needed more time! I will hold!

3,500 of my greatest men vs. 7,500 of their only hope. Could I hold?

The battle begins...

The first wave shakes the ground we stand on. As they crest the hill, I finally understand what I am truly facing. My two armies converge together...Should I hold?

The first wave was intended to take me out of position. My men grew tired, but I held. As the last of them fell, the second army came into view...I can hold!
The second wave was much more difficult. My men were tired and dwindling in numbers, but THEY, not I, were broken! Chasing down the last skirmishers, I relished in my victory…that’s when the third army arrived. How could I have forgotten! I had chased those damn skirmishers into a trap!

Formation was the key to victory, but the hill had hidden their approach. A final order…Charge! Both generals charged with their men into battle. With a hero’s death in their minds, they fought for everything they had….It was enough!

My generals fighting alongside their men kept spirits high and victory was won!

The Britannia Island is mine! The road to Rome awaits me…

Hr3Ou9A.png

3Jj0KVM.jpg

Faction: Sparta

Difficulty: Hard

Year: 94 BC

Treasury: 54,000

Income (Highest Tax): 25,000

Income (Average): 10,000

Allies: 3
Enemies: 4
Trading Partners: 20

Campaign Timeline:

250 BC
Island Hopping
Knossos becomes City-State
Salamis and Side conquered
Sicily invaded
230 BC
African Campaign
Battle of Carthage
Achieved next rank of Imperium. 6 armies max allowed.
210 BC
Athenai Rebellion
Athens loses control of its main capital, Athenai.
I take this oppurtunity to capture it, securing a booming trade port and allowing me to trade with more than just Athens
Trade routes explode. Initially land locked and only able to trade with Athens, once Athenai was secured nations began offering trade agreements left and right. Trade routes swelled past 10 in just a few short turns.
With the additional trade income, Spartan war machine gears up for an invasion. Egypt most likely target.
190 BC
Egyptian War
Battle of Cyrene
Battle of Alexandria
185 BC
Fall of Egypt
Achieved next rank of Imperium. 9 armies max allowed.
180 BC
Island of Rhodes taken
Knossos city-state pact broken. Knossos taken.
Reemergence of Carthage and Spartan expansion into Mauritania (and subsequent destroying of Carthage)
130 BC
The First Seleucid War
Taking of Tarsus (First battle in Seleucid War). Lightly defended.
Battle of Antioch
Simultaneously, allies (at Sparta's request) move on Trapezous, the northern most Seleucid settlement
Battle of Seleucia
Seleucid joins the Empire as a City-State
Retains its own satraphies
War is over.
120 BC
The Second Seleucid War
Macedon declares war with Seleucid satraphy. Sparta sides with Macedon, Seleucid declares war on Sparta.
Sparta is now at war with 6 nations: Seleucia and its satraphies
Province of Media Magna is conquered
Province of Parthia is conquered
Siege of Seleucia
1400 men Garrison successfully repels enemy force of 3000 men.
Reinforcements arrive and cut down all remaining enemy forces in area
Armies move east to conquer enemy territories.
105 BC
Egpytian Emergence
Egypt once again emerges as a nation in Aethiopia. They send a small army to attack Myos Homos, but it is repelled by a hastily hired mercenary fleet I positioned in the harbor. They repeat the attack three times, and are repelled at every turn. They finally relent and their only city rebels.
100 BC
Fall of Seleucia and its Allies
Hunt down and kill the last few remaining Seleucid units, which were trying to escape on the Caspian Sea.
Seleucid Empire is no more
Cleaning up its satraphies, main one being Aria
Only a few former satraphies remain, and Sparta is closing in...
98 BC
Planned: Naval invasion of southern Arabian Peninsula
Acheived next rank of Imperium. Allows 12 armies max. Started 10th army at Spartan capital.
95 BC
CIVIL WAR!
New nation: Spartan Gerousia emerges
Three full stacks of military units appear at Spartan capital.
Only a small army and garrison present. Nearest army is near Syria.
Sparta may lose its capital city, and possibly even Athenai. The damage this would do to the Spartan treasury is immense.
Spartan fleets, filled with troops, begin their voyage towards the homeland...

Jesus MH6! I captured one island, you have most of the southern map done.

What's funny is that almost all of that was from yesterday. Tuesday night I only had Sicily, Knossos, Salamis, Side, and Sparta. Once I started down the African coastline, I started picking up speed, conquering Garamantia and Egypt. Then I hit Antioch and the Seleucid War began. During that war, city after city fell to Spartan rule with alarming speed. Because of the close proximity of cities, I was able to push north and east very quickly. I will be posting a timeline with major battles/wars and the general path of my expansion soon. 'Cause I'm bored.

I restarted my Averni campaign. Normal difficulty is just too easy. I also discovered that Very Hard isnt ideal either, its all but impossible to get AI units to break on the battle field. So my current Averni campaign is set at Hard, and its seem just right - challenging enough without the sense that the AI is cheating. Ill do a report once I get further along.

Finally conquered the Arabian peninsula. Had to break some ties with nations I've been at peace with for a long time to do it too. I will leave Qirdi alone in Jerusalem though, as he is allied to me.

nilrW8T.jpg

Now it is time for my army to sail to Iberia, and then I will push northward into France.

LEGENDARY! Seriously ... you want a challenge, set it to Legendary and then reset battle difficulty to Hard. Nothing comes easy, but its satisfying as hell when you gain ground.

Yes, I know. Next campaign. I want to actually finish a campaign, unlike you bastards who have started like 20 campaigns so far. :bleh:

Ok Romers, the TW mod community is on it. Supposedly this mod package by Radious is excellent and greatly improves AI, battle mechanics etc. I cant remember my log in over at TW Center, so I cant DL the damn thing atm. But if its possible for someone to host it elsewhere for us or maybe here on our site if possible, then we could all grab it.

Here's the page regarding the Radious mod package:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618817-Radious-Total-War-Mod-%28Updated-9-9-2013%29

EDIT: word is that the stand alone battle mod Radious is great. The others are debatable.

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~