Salvager's

protection (military)

miners

manufacturers (production)

traders (sellers/ market)

refiners (processing)

Transportation (logistics)

Scouts

Please choose a primary role, then a secondary and finaly a third which will be a minor part for each of your characters. We will then place role tests to see whom fits their roles the best.

STARTING a corporation

http://www.evegathering.com/corpstartup.htm

It is the BIG day. You are going to create your own Corporation in EvE. This is a BIG decision and should NOT be taken lightly as corporations in eve are NOT guilds in other games. They do how ever have some similarities.

STOP: READ THIS INFORMATION COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU ADD ANY MEMBERS TO YOUR CORPORATION FOR SECURITY REASONS - Do not say we did not warn you if you do not read this entire guide and get ripped off, as starting a corporation in eve, is not a simple task when thinking of security within your corporation !!!

How to Create a Corporation:

1. You will need approximately 1.6 Million ISK. (This amount may vary depending on the cost of your first office rental fee.)

2. You will need the skill "Corporation Management" which of course is listed in the Corporation management skill tree. Each Level of this skill will allow 10 more corp members to join. You start with level 1 which allows your first 10 members.

3. To have multiple races in your Corporation you will need the "Ethnic relations" skill

4. Make sure to update your skills to the corporation in the corporation menu - Home - Edit Details - Update skills to corporation

To first create a corporation, you just open the corporation menu and "Create a New Corp". The instructions are very straight forward and you should be able to easily figure them out step by step.

Here you will choose your corporation name and "ticker". You will also choose your corporation logo. Go over these steps carefully as your corporation name and corporation ticker can never be changed once created. You can how ever change your corporation logo for a small fee of ISK, in game, later on.

When you create a corporation you will have a "Head Quarters". This is not to be confused with "Corporation Offices and Hangars". How ever they do relate to each other.

Once you have created your corporation, you will then need to still rent a office/hangar from a station. Preferably, you should set up in a system where you are working, be that mining ore or missions are what not. Base your first office around current operations in secure safe space. Having your first office in a system where your new potential recruits can easily get to, to apply for membership, is best early on in corporation build out and recruiting.

Now that you have your first corporation created and you are ready to manage your new corp, there are a few things you should understand and do immediately before adding even one member. Even if that member is your best gaming friend. Trust is a HIGH factor issue in eve's corporation management tools. Therefore take these next pieces of info to heart, even if you trust your friends at a high level.

1. First and foremost : Open your wallet and choose the Corporation tab: Then choose the "shares" tab and locate your first 1000 corp shares that are created at when you created the corporation. Right click those actual shares and choose "give shares" and give all the shares to yourself, before giving anyone access to the corporation and letting anyone join it !!! You can always "give shares" to anyone later. The reasoning behind this is without those shares you can be voted out of office and such and more. Move shares immediately, upon corporation creation, so you do not loose your shares in the corporation or controlling interest, all because you left them lying around in the corp wallet.

2. Review all tools within the corporation menu concerning hangars and roles and grantable roles. Roles are what each member can do and has access to do. Grantable Roles are which roles a player can assign to another player, thus grantable roles is to manage who can give what roles out to corp members.

3. Hangar access is one of the most crucial security concerns in corporation management. We cannot stress enough how many times poor hangar access management and trust has caused many corps to loose hundreds of millions and billions of ISK and loot. Before you give anyone roles or access to hangars make sure you know exactly what you are doing and who you trust and how to properly secure the corporation assets from internal theft and shady corp members.

4. Take your time and review the corporation tools and menus. They are extensive and deep. Do not be in any rush to build your corporation, do this slowly and understand the tools and resources you have to build your empire. The better you know the corporation menu and interface the better your whole corporation will operate and run period.

5. You can name "divisions" for your corporation. When you do so, this will also name your hangars based on your divisions names. This way each division has its own hangar it can access and work with at all your corporation offices. In a nut shell division names are also your hangar names when you name the divisions.

6. You can create and rent multiple office/hangar's. You may however only have ONE Head Quarters. Your Corporation Head Quarters is listed on your Corporations "show info" when anyone views it. Your Head Quarters can be moved to any station you have rented a office from. It is best to not have your Head Quarters at a dock/office you frequent, as anyone can easily show info on your corporation and know this station and where you are usually. This could be bad when you start running your corp in eve and a war is declared upon your corporation. Later on in EvE you may desire everyone to know where your head quarters are :):)

All in all running a corporation in EvE is more like a business in real life, then it is like a guild in other games. Treat it as a business even if it is a friendly one. This way everyone will benefit from it's success. You may be the ruthless corporate raider or the great and grand leader of a huge corporation doing honest and good business in the galaxy. Running a corporation is something that should not be taken lightly in EvE. Many start one with great aspirations and intentions and then find that the name "corporation" is in fact the proper choice for the name in eve and how it works.

One last thing, if you are creating a new corp for mining or a non-combat related operation, it is best not to advertise that fact in your bio's and such. Market your corporations recruiting efforts wisely. The reasoning behind this is, that recently, with the growth of eve and subscribers, "new player corp beat down" corporations are gaining ground. If you are intending to start up a manufacturing and mining corp it is best to also have members that can defend your corp, or alliance's in place, to prevent your operations from being harmed are declared war upon. Many weak corporations have fallen, to more powerful corporations early on, that just started war, for no other reason other then they could see the new mining corporation is weak and poorly managed. Regardless of corporation type and operations, you ALWAYS need firepower and pilots to fight for your operations and agenda and keep it safe and defend its operations. Secure space is no longer safe when another corporation declares war on your new mining corporation because you are weak and just mining without firepower support.

Good Luck and may your corporation be a successful one!!!!

Although I think SPIT is right fucking hilarious and proper for our lot of girls... I propose another name.

I propose "Spartan Warrior Industrial Corp." or [sWI]. Its got a NASDAQ ticker feel to it. LOL

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Although I think SPIT is right fucking hilarious and proper for our lot of girls... I propose another name.

I propose "Spartan Warrior Industrial Corp." or [sWI]. Its got a NASDAQ ticker feel to it. LOL

Have you been watching, STARGATE SG1

OK we will have a debate, all nominations plz :lol:

acronyms and meanings

CORPORATIONS in the game Eve Online

A-Z list

http://www.eve-db.com/corporations/

After much deliberation in a secret meeting in space station X

The board members present concluded on the corporation name

Legion of SPARTA Corp.

LOSC

Any feedback please, but Medic was using a thesauruses and it was driving us mad.

[00:09:36] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: spartan indutrial and mechanical industries or SIMI

[00:10:26] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Industrial Warriors of Industries Inc IWII

[00:10:56] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Opps, industrial Warrios of Sparta inc. or IWIS

[00:12:22] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Industrial Warriors of Independent Sparta

[00:17:31] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Industrial Warriors of Infinite Sparta

[00:18:02] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: informal sparta

[00:18:25] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Industrial Warriors of Infrangible Sparta

[00:21:06] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Industrial Warriors of Innovative Sparta

[00:22:21] *chan* +Medic+~SPARTA~: Spartan Warriors of Industrial Innovation

Long live LOSC

P.s. The concept name was termed by Dr.No (so fcukin blame him, but the rest of the present members liked it).

Well I have made a new splash screen for your EVE client in celebration of this new Corp.

IPB Image

To get image, follow the link and Right Click and Save as...

http://www.tinarobertsstudios.com/~user/Cl...line/splash.bmp

To install, first change the original splash screen in your ...\Program Files\CCP\EVE\res\ folder to splashORIGINAL.bmp

then copy the new LOSC splash screen into the res folder. Start your client, and it should work.

These steps are tried and true.

Enjoy!

+Medic+~SPARTA~

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Hmm a Corporation now ...

Doe's this mean I'm the frikin enemy now being in a non aligned corporation ?.

I guess we might have to be neutral toward each other or I'll get my buddy Malorek to sort you out.

Anyway good luck building your team and might see you in 0.0 one day fighting for the Intrepid Crossing team as a new member corporation also.

GL to all you Spartan's in Eve :)

Not playin the game so i don't know but can't you make treaties or something with non aligned players and other groups?

SPARTA in space bloody hell, good luck.

Just because I'm in a different team to the Sparta players, means diddely squat !

They won't attack me in Empire space as Concorde will fry them faster than you can say FooK !

Not to mention my team has over 1,000 players ... and 500 in my direct Corporation ... So i don't think Spartan's would be wise killing me :P

NOW READ THIS BIT 3 TIMES GUYS !

DO NOT target and fire on Mutilater / Samantha at ANY TIME !!!

YOU WILL DIE .... YOU WILL DIE !!!

Reason i say this is remember I'm not in your Corporation and you can't test weapons like you can with each other in your corp. If you forget your going to be insta dust and lose your shiney new BS that cost you half a billion in a flash.

This is no threat .... Just remember targeting and fireing upon me will mean your demise INSTANTLY if you fire ! ..... CONCORDE.

SO just don't target me in any way and your ship will stay in one bit far longer.

No i will not be trying to catch you out either .... I don't play expensive games with my friends.

NOW .... REMEMBER !!

DO NOT TARGET MUTILATER/Samantha .... I hope you don't lose your ship due to a slight misjudgement or simple forgetting your difference with your OWN CORP.

DO NOT target and fire on Mutilater / Samantha at ANY TIME !!!

YOU WILL DIE .... YOU WILL DIE !!!

This is no threat .... Just remember targeting and fireing upon me will mean your demise INSTANTLY if you fire ! ..... CONCORDE.

this is a response from dopeydawf "Concorde does not firghten me i will take any one on any where any time im not fussed just find me and i will take you on again again and again" his words not mine.

Cobalt had a great idea of us all in our first noob ships and blasting the heck out of each other. That would be fun. Same level, same guns, lots of sudden rapid dissassembly! lol

hey that was my idea!!!