Spartans Home

It CAN'T be THAT difficult... can it?

XJackerooX~SPARTA~

I don't know how many are tired of the oversized/overrated xbox style controllers for the PC... but I am. Correction I have been..

Initially this was the best tutorial I found to get the ball rolling and it works great.... as long as you are constantly connected by the PS3 controller to the CPU with a USB cord...

Now, as much as that works, the whole point is to be able to keep my currently fully occupied USB slots doing their job and be able to play wireless with my dualshock3 PS3 controller..

Problem being everyone had videos on YouTube explaining how to hook the controller up with an EXTERNAL USB bluetooth dongle... I have bluetooth integrated on my laptop so I needed to find someone with a tutorial of how to modify the actual program.

Bingo, right? Wrong. After I copy/paste the hardware ID for my bluetooth to the file and save it (saving it to the desktop then moving the file into the folder as it wont allow direct modification) I go to driver manager in the program and nothing shows up...

Anyone have any suggestions/hints or help?

I know we have some real braniacs here in out community. :worshippy:

Well I've used this particular software before, though always plugged the controller in (I didn't do it for mobility so much as to play games that go much better with a gamepad, such as Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls).

Unfortunately I can't give anything beyond basic advice on this. The second tutorial video you linked looks fairly sketchy (annotations on it are terrible, as a minor note), or at the very least done by somebody who doesn't *quite* know what they are doing. Still, that might not be the cause of your problem itself.

Installing unsigned driver software on Windows 7 (which I'm assuming you use based on the section, but correct me if I'm wrong) can involve jumping through some hoops, and short of simple solutions such as restarting your computer, making sure you are able to install unsigned drivers in the first place (which *can* require disabling user account control, depending on setup, though this is a bigger issue with vista), and making sure your computer's Bluetooth is working correctly (and compatible, though I can't imagine that would be a problem) I can't think of much.

If you haven't already, I would check to make sure it works if plugged in - because that will verify that there isn't any issue with the software itself, or the controller. Other than that I wish you the best of luck, maybe one of our more tech-savvy members can provide a better answer.

Edited by ECHO~SPARTA~

IMO the second video was done by someone who doesnt speak english. There is a Follow up the person with the first video does, but it is assuming you are using a USB bluetooth dongle, when I am trying to use my on board bluetooth.

The controller/program works fine when its plugged in, the issue I am running into is my on board bluetooth isn't recognized by the program. Even when I identity the hardware ID of the bluetooth radio from the device manager and put it into the info file for the program just like in the second video...

It's Frrrrrrrustrating....