Spartans Home

Well now

Athlon64~SPARTA~

$900 for the AMD CPU

or spend less than $900 on a better peforming intel CPU with a high end motherboard

the only charts the FX-9590 is top of are price and power consumption :D

http://www.maximumpc.com/amds_5ghz_fx-9590_processor_gets_benchmarked

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/zardon/amd-fx9590-5ghz-review-w-gigabyte-990fxa-ud5/

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/62166-amd-fx-9590-review-piledriver-5ghz-15.html

i really wish AMD would get their act together, regardless of your opionion, intel has no comptetition and their prices are too high.

Dammit ! Was really looking forward for this. But sadly AMD blew it by puttting a overcloked piledriver cpu to the table just to be the first to hit the 5ghz barrier.

Yes it lookes capable of good gaming performance but common! at a pricetag like that And a cpu that runs that hot. It will never make it.

I have always liked AMD and was really looking forward to this release as i wouuld have paid that extra Money to once Again run with them but not with that pricetag and TDP

SORRY!

Edited by usthomsen~SPARTA~

Ya they have been over clocking to 5 gig. This one will do it on turbo at default. Ya that is expencive, but the intell i core 7 970 or what ever it is, is a cool $1000

And lets see some reviews set at defalt so it won't run at full speed as well.

The GAP has closed and now its time. You all stick to your intells im still AMD!!!

Face it intell not the leader anymore, or soon not to be. Theres still 2 or 3 in the series to come out yet. Lets see.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Here I am, still using an Intel Core i7 920 - their first generation quad core w/ hyper threading (not really a gaming feature) in the "I" series, which basically was the generic power user level. Default 2.66 GHz, and I have it overclocked to a measly 3.2 GHz, and I can't imagine needing it at 5 GHz anytime soon (it can already run practically everything at high settings well, though not maximum). In a year or two I'll likely upgrade, once it becomes clear whether AMD is going to become more competitive with Intel in terms of gaming performance on their CPUs (which may soon be the case). Or if my computer breaks down, or something comes out that I absolutely feel I need to run at higher settings (though in that case I would need a new motherboard as well, and would likely want an SSD to boot, and...well the costs add up).

Edited by ECHO~SPARTA~

Ya that is the reasion alot of people have gone to the consoles like play station and Xbox, haveing to up grade the vid card all the time is getting real tired for alot of people, there sick of haveing a box to throw hundreds of dollars into all the time. You can't blame them it gets tireing real fast.

If i had all the money i thru away on this crap sitting in one pile ide be rich!!!!

Just think of that.

Intell lost the lead when the 8 core came out , now lost the speed lead. so they are #2now.

Ya the intell boards cost more and the cpu s cost more i don't see the hype, outher then some folks have more money then cents. I have a lot of land for sale east of

daytona Beach, thousands of achers cheap!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

AMD continues to push the envelope when it comes to desktop capabilities and power performance,” said Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of MAINGEAR. “In unveiling the world’s first 5 GHz 8-core CPU, AMD continues to lead the way in innovation while providing our customers with a best-in-class experience. We are thrilled to be part of this exciting launch.”

The new 5 GHz FX-9590 and 4.7 GHz FX-9370 feature the “Piledriver” architecture, are unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains1. Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.

AMD was the first to break the 1 GHz barrier in May of 2000 and continues to set the standard in technology innovation including the first Windows compatible 64-bit PC processor and the first native dual-core and quad-core processors. AMD also introduced the first APU (unifying CPU and Radeon™ graphics on the same chip) and the first x86 quad-core SoC, continuing forward with HSA architectures and programming models.

AMD continues to push the envelope when it comes to desktop capabilities and power performance,” said Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of MAINGEAR. “In unveiling the world’s first 5 GHz 8-core CPU, AMD continues to lead the way in innovation while providing our customers with a best-in-class experience. We are thrilled to be part of this exciting launch.”

The new 5 GHz FX-9590 and 4.7 GHz FX-9370 feature the “Piledriver” architecture, are unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains1. Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.

AMD was the first to break the 1 GHz barrier in May of 2000 and continues to set the standard in technology innovation including the first Windows compatible 64-bit PC processor and the first native dual-core and quad-core processors. AMD also introduced the first APU (unifying CPU and Radeon™ graphics on the same chip) and the first x86 quad-core SoC, continuing forward with HSA architectures and programming models.

:zzzzz: Last para, they are referring to the first ATI Graphics card to hit 1Ghz.....

I was AMD for years, then I bought a 2500k, I am still using it, I just recently upped the Turbo Boost from stock settings to 4.4Ghz on Air with all 4 cores because Kerbal Space Program has almost no Multithreading support and my supper rockets were starting to lag. I will never go back to AMD until they show a better Core for Core ratio then what I have seen lately from them.