Spartans Home

A3 DayZ (Prepare yourself)

XJackerooX~SPARTA~

DayZ Arma 3: the reason you should play the DayZ mod again

Ben Kim at 01:04am July 25 2013

zoombies-head-610x342.jpg

I’m inside of a wall, inside of a fire station. I see a fellow survivor—only not really, because I’m inside of a wall. Mashing V repeatedly, I slowly slide down to the ground floor of the four-story tower. As my feet touch the floor, I sprint back into the traversable interior of the fire station and begin the hunt. I step outside and immediately spot N3m3sis. Zeroing in on his head, I pull the trigger and he drops to the ground.

DayZ players everywhere anxiously await the impending launch of the DayZ Standalone’s alpha. People aren’t content with the dated graphics, the endless list of bugs, and the general state of the DayZ mod. DayZ Arma 3 is here to change that. The Zoombies team has ported the DayZ mod straight into Arma 3. You’ll be seeing the exact same models, zombies, and weapons rendered in the full glory of the Arma 3 engine. Let me be the first to say that it looks absolutely amazing.

zoombies-landscape-610x343.jpg

Can something so beautiful really be the backdrop for a zombie game?

On my rig, DayZ Arma 3 runs much better than the standard DayZ mod—a credit to Bohemia’s Arma 3 optimization. Even if many of the textures are just upscaled, the difference in lighting and detail is terrific. Even the guns look amazing. In the DayZ mod, the Lee Enfield is abhorred by experienced players everywhere for being an aural flare gun. Shooting it alerts every zombie within an almost ridiculously large radius. In DayZ Arma 3, that same gun transforms into a beautiful amalgamation of wood and metal. It’s not functionally different, but it looks amazing. Throw in Arma 3′s improved physics and all the weapons feel as powerful as they look.

zoombies-ragdoll-610x343.jpg

I hope he has knee pads.

The ragdoll physics of Arma 3 are hilariously applied to the zombies. One minute they’re alive and well, zigzagging across Chernarus for a chance to take a swipe at you. The next, they’re somersaulting backwards into the pavement. Seeing a zombie faceplant is inherently satisfying and makes killing zombies so much more fun.

Although the zombie animations are still awkward because of their tendency to random stop, player animations have seen some subtle improvements. There’s a distinct sense of weight that accompanies each stance—running, walking, or sprinting. I noticed each and every step that I took which is important in a game where being seen or heard is tantamount to being dead. Although many of the animations look nearly identical to their Arma 2 versions, additions like prone sprinting and a better walk animation go a long way towards making the game look tighter.

zoombies-inventory-610x343.jpg

The Arma 3 inventory: I would be happy even if he didn’t have two guns.

There’s one thing that makes DayZ Arma 3 infinitely better than the original DayZ mod—inventory. Arma 2’s inventory system was never to meant to support a loot-driven game like DayZ. Zoombies has fully integrated Arma 3’s glorious, low-input inventory system with multiple inventory spaces (backpack and vest) as well as near instant interaction. Picking up an item isn’t nearly as hard as it used to be.

If you have ever had any interest at all in DayZ, go try this right now. DayZ TV has a great guide on how to get DayZ Arma 3 installed. Braver readers can visit the official site and figure it all out themselves. The bugs may not be fixed, but the games looks, feels, and plays so much better.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/25/dayz-arma-3-the-reason-you-should-play-the-dayz-mod-again/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Gentlemen.... DESTROYYYYYY!!!

Here's a little look at it

http://youtu.be/XeAqy9kIruQ

Edited by XJackerooX~SPARTA~

Zoombies Mod: Dayz on Arma 3 Release – How to install

zoombies-dayz-arma-3-release.jpg
Note: Zoombies is currently in “Expanded Stress Test Release”. That means all gameplay features are not included.

WHAT YOU NEED
  • Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead AND Arma 2
  • Arma 3
  • .NET Framework 3.0
  • DO NOT OPT INTO DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ARMA 3
  • Optinal: Some patience

HOW TO INSTALL ZOOMBIES MOD
  • 1. Register & Download the Zoombies Launcher v1.3 on the official website : Zoombiesmod.com
  • 2. To install, simply create a new folder anywhere and extract the provided files in there.
  • 3. When starting the Launcher it will prompt you to download the files.
  • 4. Click the download button and let the files download.
  • 5. When the download is finished the Launcher will close.
  • 6. Re-open the Launcher & click Launch.

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you get an exeption when clicking launch
Make sure you have installed the prerequisites for Arma3.To do that simply launch Arma 3 once after installing via steam.

If you are stuck on Recieving data
Wait a few minutes and try again.

If your game crashes when joining a server
Make sure you wait a few seconds (~10) before you close any error messages.

If you get “bad version”
Make sure to install the latest dev version of Arma3. To do that right click on Arma3 in steam, click settings, go to the “betas” tab and select Dev build in the dropdown menu

If you get “Arma3 is not responding” while joining a server.
Close Arma 3 and try again.

If you are still getting errors regardless of how you try downloading here is the alternative
Sorry that you are unable to download the launcher. Many survivors are having the same problem(s).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ew4e4psgej47a2/DayZA3_Chernarus.bat
That is the alternative. If your paths are different for A2, A2OA, and A3 make sure to modify that batch file to make it work.

http://www.dayztv.com/tutorials/dayz-zoombies-mod-dayz-on-arma-3-release-how-to-install/

:cheers:

once they get rid off the zombs .

and get some cool missions in here ..

and staying alive!! and helping!! each other is key µ

i shall return to this ..

greetz Roachie

Fully behind this. I (still) strongly believe that DayZ will be more popular as a mod in ARMA 3 than the standalone in ARMA 2.5.

There are just too many obstacles to overcome in the current engine, and there hasn't been a single video or evidence that Dean's group has been able to do it. I think he'll do a soft launch with 'better zombies' as a future update and either we'll never see it or he'll announce a new version for ARMA 3.

I successfully got in today, the zoombiemod.com website was bombed from the pcgamer review. Sadly they put that article out just before bohemia interactive released the .74 patch to A3 introducing APC's and some new weapons.

The game works if you follow the instructions of "how to install zoombies mod" however, until the zoombie mod guys update on their end there is a black box that scrolls various file location errors. They have said it shouldn't take them long to fix, there are 3 guys on the dev team so its very direct communication of whats going on from them on the forums.

Im down for this for sure! Lets get after it again like we did when we all ran as a crew!

Running our crew small and tight just like... nvm lol

Since you figured out how to rid the infamous black box... You wanna type out the solution? :]

It's worth a go, some servers utilize the a3 crouch/tactical stances others dont. That's pretty much the only difference I've found. The inventory system is just a BREEZE to work with (drag and drop into slots a3 style). Let me know if you have any installing issues :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Been playing the latest version nightly. With Stream Workshop, you can play countless missions made by people who enjoy Arma3. What's the status at Sparta for MP games?

hope to shoot with some of "you all" real soon. Some great features to enjoy.