Spartans Home

Chivalry 50% Off!

EMT~SPARTA~

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

taint
/tānt/
Noun
A trace of a bad or undesirable quality or substance: "the taint of corruption".
Verb
Contaminate or pollute (something).
Synonyms
noun. stain - blemish - blot - spot - smirch - smear - smudge verb. contaminate - pollute - spoil - corrupt - foul - infect

So its turned into *that* kind of thread. Chivalry is awesome, but isn't for people who rage when they die in a game - because you will die, frequently, at least until you've gotten good. Or unless you camp back with a heavy crossbow, AKA the MH6 method (nah I'm just messing with you here). That being said, there's a simple beauty and elegance in cutting apart your enemies in close combat, versus shooting them from a distance in a shooter. Sure there's ranged attacks in this game, but they don't outshine the in-your-face action.

You can even wield a shield and a javelin, which should sound appealing to any Spartan. Perhaps the customization update will also allow for capes and cool helmets, though I don't want my hopes to be too high. :thumbsup:

I bought this when it was on sale a little while ago!! might join you for some fun, when do you guys play??

Generally between 8PM and 2AM EST on weekends, and a couple of nights during the work week.

But I'm usually up for a game whenever someone wants to play it.

I'm glad you guys are liking the game. You will get better the more you play.

This game actually takes skill to be good at. You can't just get lucky and kill everyone.
If you see a level 40+, you know he will be more difficult to kill compared to a lvl 20.

Sorry I couldn't be on last night. Been really busy lately. This whole working thing is not as fun as it seems.

I'm glad you guys are liking the game. You will get better the more you play.

This game actually takes skill to be good at. You can't just get lucky and kill everyone.

If you see a level 40+, you know he will be more difficult to kill compared to a lvl 20.

Sorry I couldn't be on last night. Been really busy lately. This whole working thing is not as fun as it seems.

Well, the whole level thing isn't entirely accurate. Quite a lot of high level players are still not very good, but someone above around level 10 will probably have a minimum of experience at least. I know for my part I was best at around level 20 because I had played it straight from launch until that point, and I'm only now starting to get much better than I was back then due to playing the game frequently.

As a random note, I went 79 - 19 in fist brawl earlier - about 40 kills above the second place player. Moments in this game where you get good enough to wipe out half an enemy team in one go are what really make it worth it, or where you get ten people in a row in FFA darting in and out of combat. As some of you know I prefer to do this with the quarterstaff, but you can use just about anything if you are good with it.

Just keep in mind that some classes are better on certain maps and in certain modes. Some of the maps are not very well balanced in this regard, the arena map in particular is massively imbalanced against archers and to a lesser extent the man at arms (in free for all at least), due to the fact that you have no ability to avoid enemies when they all spawn in close quarters with you. In that sort of situation, an incredibly bad player playing vanguard and charge killing everyone he sees with their back turned will do just as well as a skilled player trying to snipe, or a man at arms trying to kill enemies in melee combat in the short seconds he has before being hit in the back by five enemies greedy for the perceived (often rightly so) easy pickings.

Edited by ECHO~SPARTA~