Spartans Home

Plans for the clan

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/LOSC

I noticed an error LOSC has no Halli :( or Zeno or Luggage etc etc etc

Corrections are in order :)

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

43 minutes ago, Zeno~SPARTA~ said:

I dont think the people who manage LOSC read the forum. Give Cy or Steel a poke when you see them next, and get them to read the forum. 

this ☝️

• 1 year later...

They still haven't expanded much on what you can and cannot do in 'Orgs' 

For those of us that do not officilly want to be labelled as Pirate/criminals I have come to the opinion that all being a member of LOSC would be a better idea than having seperate Orgs for each occupation available in the verse. In particular I am refering to Orgs like Cent's mining subsidirary Org. It's got to be easier to manage having Cent as LOSC mining operations manager than having seperate orgs it would also be far more attractive to Citezins looking for an Org to join if 20 of us were in one org rather than 5 of us each in 4 separate orgs.

Miners, recalaimers and traders for example are all going to need armed excorts at one time or another, guys that want to go on military ops are going to need as many extra bodies as possible when they mission. As a law abiding Org there are also going to be many occasions when it would be 'convenient' to have a friendly bunch of criminals remove for example miners pushing into what we may consider our territory and helping to remove evidence of criminal activity once our thugs have done the illegal stuff sharing any profit. I am also sure supplying resources only available to non criminals to friendly criminals is going to be a thing and the ability for LOSC to transport swag to markets only available to law abiding citezins is bound to be more profitable and something criminals are probably not going to interested in doing themselves.

The reason for my post is looting has become a thing as has persistence for cargo in ships making things a bit more interesting for proper piracy as appossed to just griefing.

I like the sound of fencing Steel and Gunthers swag :)

So do you propose ONE main org with various different departments - instead of different orgs for different roles? How would that work for the less solubrious members (see above) 

Yes one Org with different departments. There is nothing wrong with wanting your own clan or org but in a game of this scale any duplication of effort/time is going to reduce the time you actually spend having fun.

An org that focuses on mining still needs a trading/transportation department that focuses on market price etc they will also need a military arm that can protect the mining operation. An org that focuses on reclamation will need exactly the same kind of support. There is also nothing to prevent any department offering it's services to other orgs or individual citezens.

I don't know if Steel and Gunthar want to focus on military/conflict content or want to go full criminal I do know Brer wanted to be a full time criminal.

It may not be possible yet to give custom job titles within the orgs but I think it would be a good idea to tidy up whats public in the LOSC info pages and decide on a rough management structure even if it's fake because it shows intent. The following for example.

Luggage - Communications Manager

Zeno - Finance Manager

Cent - Mining Operations Manager

Samurai - Transport/Logistics Operations Manager

Steel - Security Operations Manager

Custard - Beverage Manager

In my opinion the only occupation apart from criminal that could maybe run solo an effective org is exploration even this would benefit from being in an org that had departments that could support it.

As I understand it you cannot have a criminal record and be part of a law abiding org. Our not associated officially criminal friends take out a small mining outpost killing all witnessess they loot/take what they can use or fence on the criminal market, we turn up like the 'cleaner' breaking up ships and buildings into untracable components parts and any cargo/resources that criminals cannot market. Instead of giving the criminals there share of loot in cash we resupply them with less traceable resources that they find difficult to source. Return to 890 Jump Yacht for beer and pizza.

Edit - @Cent we also need to tidy up the pinned section on this forum with maybe the first pinned post containing links to current useful info rather than stuff 10 years out of date.

Yes Zeno, as Cent is the most active in SC I was going to go through with him what may be more helpful to have in a pinned first post for anyone that wants to try SC again. Maybe either Cent or I could try to keep it more up to date.

@custard~SPARTA~ agreed. 

It does seem like every year we return to the -"Soon in SC Chat" however i have to say there has been a big push to finish some of the last major building blocks of the system and i do really think that the next 12 months are goingto be pivitol for the SC and the community around it. 

Content is being pushed out and the game is (for an Alpha) about as stable as you can expect but the big one - Server meshing - looks to be within reach. 

With it the focus will finaly switch from building blocks to more game focused play. They have spoken recently about the Cargo, Exploration, refuelinng and Salvage mechanics and the focus to deliver those next year. 

With those in active dev I think the focus will shift towards Org mechanics and genuine multicrew play.  The Cargo refactor demands it really. the thought of filling a CAT by hand on my own is frightning!

Organised groups are the way to success I beleive with this game - The whole concept and the way they have developed the various mechanics so far prove that. 

If we organise well, even as a small group i think we could be quite succesful within the game. 

The single most succesful thing SPARTA ever organised with a non member public inclusion was TacDom nights. Although Domination mode was my least favorite thing in ARMA the TacDom nights were so well organised and encouraged so much great teamwork I actually enjoyed them. We have a core of members capable of organising/running operations very efficiently without creating work but making things fun. If we get the features everyone wants 'Orgs' to have we could make LOSC an appealing fun place to play SC.

Our ArmA servers were the second biggest in the world for a while, but not because of Tac Dom. It was because you insisted they be public and not private (as I wanted them to be) and then because they were well moderated. Later, I think it was Durkha Durkha's idea to run them as Tactical missions. Arma 2 for all of its weakness was a lot of fun. 

It would be cool if Star Citizen can achieve the same level of participation.

https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010675447-Organizations

This is a link to the info page on what can and cannot be done currently with an Org

I need to get Steel to upgrade mine and Cents role to give us 'Branding' and/or 'Officer' status so we can mess around with banners logo's and member ranks etc

I have a cunning plan and have started to blackmail my daughter who is a textile/fabric designer and a wizz with photoshop into sorting me out with org banners and logos :)

Edit - I have made LOSCM temporarily my main ORG so I can test what the different roles are able to do

Reading through the Org details and looking at the options avaialble in the settings I have added you to the Marketing section of LOSCM. It looks like only the founder has access to all roles, responsibilities. The various ranks are restricted to their area of intrest.