Spartans Home

Plans for the clan

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I would at some point like us to get a convoy going with my Starfarer, so we can haul a ton of goods and make lots of money. It's a big target though, and needs to be defended.

Or, with both Ty's and my Constellation, we can take on pretty much anyone who doesn't have a decent ship as gunners, and go out exploring/hunting/etc. You guys in the 300 models can provide close support. I'd like to try and replace the P52 puddle jumper in my Constellation with the M50 Interceptor, to act as a scout--seeing as how it's one of the fastest ships available. So would need someone to pilot that as well.

I think that we'll need to wait until alpha and actually play this before we can be 100% sure on strategies for being awesome.

Personally, I don't want to pirate, as I feel like doing so is a bit dickish (though only a bit, given that it would be part of the game). With that being said, we could likely make quite a lot if we did mercenary work as a group. We don't have the group size to do enormous operations on our own, such as form fleets for huge raids and such, or large trading operations with coordination based on market conditions. If we made a name for doing mercenary work however, we could likely make a lot more progress with minimal effort. Of course it would rely on us actually being coordinated and skilled enough to be worth hiring. Personally this is something that I feel would be a lot of fun, coordinated work for pay from other factions playing the game. More fun than doing automated missions and such at least.

Trading operations and such have a place as well. I just think that doing work as mercenaries would be more productive given our somewhat limited numbers, versus trying to conquer the universe single-handedly. We would have to plan things out of course, and I'm perfectly willing to help coordinate this in the future if it is needed. Coordinate getting the jobs, and keeping potential clients, which would preferably be larger clans and such that will inevitably come to control things. Getting some sort of reputation, or at least getting someone willing to pay to trust us will take a little bit of effort if we actually want to get paid for work, but that sort of stuff isn't too difficult.

All in the name of fun of course, I find that doing this sort of thing could be a lot of fun if we got it organized. We wouldn't want to make long-term commitments that are specific of course, since that would restrict our own schedules, and it should be entirely on a volunteer basis who wants to do the mercenary work. I just think that its worth looking into. Which I've probably said in one way or another many times by now, so I'll check out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dont know if you all have been staying up with the latest info on SC and the Vers. The time for "community" involment is quickly aproching. If you would like more info stop by the SC channel and talk with me and the guys. Thier has been lots of very cool thing happening in the SC community.

That is all.

As some of you may know, Maj3stic and I are going to start a criminal syndicate as soon as the Star Citizen organization stuff goes live (which should be soon: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13418-All-About-Organizations).

Whaaaaaat?!?!?! That will split the Sparta community in Star Citizen!!!!!

Actually no, no it wont. Some folks may want to be on a private server. Some may prefer playing monopoly in space and dominate trade. Others will want to be mercs. Maj and I want to be criminals, and we want to run a criminal syndicate. Rather than dividing up our community, it diversifies our portfolio. If we have a criminal syndicate, a paramilitary merc corp, a trading corp, and even a private server crew all under the Sparta roof its actually a boon for us. First, it expands our opportunities to draw in new blood to Sparta (and make new friends/alliances). Second, you get people doing exactly what they want to be doing in Star Citizen, instead of trying to get us all wearing one shoe that doesnt fit.

So you guys wanna be freaking pie-rats?!?!

We dont want to limit ourselves to piracy (though, there will be piracy for sure). We are talking about a criminal syndicate. Smuggling, narcotics, human/alien trafficing, abduction, black mail, corruption, assassination, prostitution, theft ... you name the crime and if its in the game we will be doing it. We are thinking not just a band of pirates but mafia, a cartel, yakuza family, a syndicate. An organization that could range from Malcolm Reynolds to Edward Teach.

Hmmm, thats sounding rather interesting. What will you be calling this syndicate?

Black Inc. - borrowing from the one time EVE guild started by some here in Sparta.

Badass! Hell count me in.

More the merrier. Just be aware, we will be on the public server, and chances are that this kind of activity will likely be high risk. But of course the rewards are expected to compensate.

Maj and I are working on the syndicate's structure, by-laws, etc. We will post more as we get closer to Star Citizen's organization launch.

- Brer

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

It depends on what you mean by that. A straight up fighter, short range, carrier based? Some variant of the Hornet package.

Otherwise, you need to read up on it and decide yourself.

Unlike billions and billions of other games out there, the reading about this one is actually interesting.

Cy is correct, given what we know at the moment. But, Skaz, I suggest you go to the Star Citizen site and read for yourself. I think "what is the best fighter" depends on the situation and how you might want to play the game. Bottom line, you cant go wrong with buying into the game, and you will eventually have multiple ships you buy with in game currency so dont sweat the buy in ship too much.

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

Two active organizations so far that I know of: Recovery and Transfer Services (RATS); and Black Inc. (BLACKINC).

Black Inc. is a syndicate started by BrerRabbit (Gora Sahib in game) and Maj3stic. Pirating I believe.

RATS is a generic organization formed by myself to salvage and fence/money laundering/bartering items as a service to Pirates and others who may not be able to operate at the facility they need to sell stuff, ie UEE space. I was figuring a loose association with Black Inc., hopefully not enough to taint the legit reputation, but enough to get the job done and assist. Secondary activities include exploration for trade/barter routes and to find salvageable hulks and burned out stations.

Steel reserved LOSC for us as well. Currently a reserved organization in case we have an official named presence in the 'verse.

On initial launch, you can only be a member of one organization, but later (next iteration I believe) there will be the ability to be in more than one (not sure how many) at a time. If that happens and we have a LOSC presence, I suspect RATS will be nested as a subdivision or suborganization or otherwise affiliated.

Too early to be sure exactly how things will work out in the PU.

A few updates.

First, here's Black Inc., the criminal syndicate Maj and I started. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/BLACKINC

I will be filing in more details and org write up etc this weekend as I get time. Once we can join multiple orgs I think we should all join each others orgs to inflatge numbers :). Anyone interested in joining Black Inc. just holler and youre in.

Second, Crispy introduced me to a friend of his, Major Dong, from Team Judge (an older gamers group much like Sparta). His group is interested in forming an alliance with our various orgs to work together in game. I had a long talk with Major last night and he is a good guy and I think this alliance between our two groups would help a great deal.

Here's their website and org site:

http://teamjudge.com/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TEAMJUDGE