Spartans Home

Arma 3 or Battlefield 4 - dilemma

weedrew2

Both games are at the top of my wish list this year, unfortunately my budget won't let me buy both games. Deciding between the two is a real pain so I thought I'd come on here to get some help.

I'm wondering which of the two games will get the bigger following in this community, a big factor for me is that I want to be able to get into a regular online game with the same guys.

If you's could let me know your personal preferences that'd be great.

Thanks in advance, weedrew.

I think Arma 3 will be a better bet, the price keeps going up as they get closer to release thou. Bought at alpha price think it was like $30.

I have 600 hours between A2, and A2:OA. Almost all of that was playing on the Sparta Servers.

And do you really want to buy a game from EA? The biggest greediest bastards in existence.

Arma sounds like the way to go after watching the beta trailer posted on the forums. Playing online with the community is a big factor for me and with the amount of gameplay you've had on the servers then I think arma's the way forward.

You've got a point about EA haha.

Thanks for the response.

Arma 3, without a doubt. I got BF3 and it's fun but really as a filler until Arma 3 came out. I have no plans for BF4 yet, might get it if a cheap deal comes along.

Add to that Arma 2 is still being played, albeit in DayZ guise and you'll get a feel as to which is more likely to be the major draw with Spartans.

Thanks. I take it if I was to buy Arma 3 then I would most likely have more gameplay on that than BF3.

My view is yes, haven't touched BF3 for a month at least & can't remember the last time I was on & other Spartans

were there.

I'll be spending most of this weekend between Arma 3 beta, Arma 2 DayZ and grid 2, I reckon they'll be a few Spartans mixed in those too.

No dilemma at all really, do you want a game that might be the flavour of the month... Maybe. Or a game that will still be going strong and being modded years down the line and guaranteed to be supported by this community?

Where was the dilemma again?

I played Arma 2 / OA long before BF3 came out. Even though I played BF3 for a couple of hundred hours, I have put thousands into arma. BF3 is no longer installed on my PC but I played Arma 2 last week.

But its my sort of game. There are many that do not like the arma style of play, slower than COD/BF3 and cannot deal with the steep learning curve or the stricter playing style. Only you know which game will suit you best.

BF will constantly launch DLCs (which are not given away). The arma community will create maps, missions and magnificent mods for free. Occasionally Bohemia will release a DLC but because they work so well with their gaming community most are happy to pay for them, but you will not be disadvantaged if you dont buy them.

Good luck, choose well.

Yeah I've also put alot of time in with arma 2 its more my style of play arma 3 is on my list Bf4 I will not waste my money on crap, Bf3 biggest fail ever.

• 2 months later...

yer im not getting bf3 I remember playing arma 1 for ages before arma 2 came out . what annoyed me about bf4 is there gonna be to much DLC there releasing the first one at the same time as the game release. I don't see how this is extra content and not just a part of the game taken out so they can make more money.

EBE.00000.nul here

Did u like the old missions from Dai and sutch (arma2 ect..)

Do u like the freedom in a game and the gear that comes with it ..

u really wan't to be a part of a squad and do your part ..

ur not afraid of hights (haha)

u wanne play with toys that normal people just can't

u wanne shoot (peop..) i mean stuff ..

something in your minds says YES when u see a Radio tower (ceefour)

THEN maybe just maybe ARMA III is your tool ..

(but i am sure battlefield wil look awesome too ) (losers)

Greetz .

Edited by EBE

Both games are at the top of my wish list this year, unfortunately my budget won't let me buy both games. Deciding between the two is a real pain so I thought I'd come on here to get some help.

I'm wondering which of the two games will get the bigger following in this community, a big factor for me is that I want to be able to get into a regular online game with the same guys.

If you's could let me know your personal preferences that'd be great.

Thanks in advance, weedrew.

Like a floater in the toilet, BF3 ---> 4 is the same turd on a different flush.

It died when mods were out, own servers were out, DICE sold out to EA.

Arma3

For mods, own servers, unlimited play, anyway you want except EA.