Spartans Home

Planetary Annihilation - goes Alpha

NoScream~SPARTA~

ALPHA

The Creators of Total Annihilation

Steve and Jon are our leads. Design and dev are BFFs at Uber. Jon Mavor has worked in the game industry since 1993. As a longtime game engine technologist, Jon wrote the graphics engine for Total Annihilation and was the lead programmer on Supreme Commander.

http://www.uberent.com/pa/the-team/

http://www.uberent.com/pa/category/media/

THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS YOUR PLAYGROUND

Planets and entire asteroid belts to expand your economy, hide your bases, and ultimately, launch planet destroying weapons at your enemies. Fight for control of a single solar system, or launch a Galactic War to claim the entire galaxy.

MULTIPLAYER OR SOLO PLAY

Fight the Galactic War on your own or in a series of multiplayer games. Play a skirmish to keep your skills honed.

GAMEPLAY UP TO 40 PLAYERS

Go head to head with your best friend/worst enemy, or create massive free for all or team oriented wars.

DRM FREE

Play connected to the UberNet servers, your own private server, or offline, it’s your choice.

SMALL SCALE SKIRMISHES OR ALL OUT WAR

No pre-set unit caps. Play the game the way you want to.

img_section_header_engine_features.png
TRULY UNIQUE PLANETS

Using our procedural planet generator, you will get new, unique and interesting play fields to wage your wars on.

PROPRIETARY ENGINE TECHNOLOGY

The Planetary Annihilation engine was built for this project, so we could make the game that we wanted to make. Built by the same engineers who built the Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander rendering engines.

BUILT TO MOD

Built to Mod: Create new units, gametypes, maps and more. Run your own server with your own custom rulesets.

NO LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR

Client-server asynchronous technology allows games to offload much of the gameplay heavy lifting to the server, so your game isn’t held back by the slowest machine in your game.

Looks good, but they want $90 for a pre-order with access to the Alpha. No thanks.

- JHunter

It was only an extra $20 for me because I kickstarted it in the beginning a number of months back. I think I spent $70 total. Granted Alpha access is multiplayer battles only and wasn't working when I tried it. :rolleyes:

I'll pay for this when it comes out. Unfortunately, I didn't think to buy it during the kickstarter itself, and the price is going to be a lot higher (but not this high!) by release. Looking good though.