Spartans Home

Battlefield 4

adder360~SPARTA~

hello everyone,

In my internet travels I have seen advertisement for the pre ordering of battlefield 4.

I am thinking about it but have got a few issues with it.

firstly pre ordering is £45 for the normal + the first dlc (the dlc is another issues ill come to in a min) or the digital deluxe for a sum of £55 which comes with bonus content and beta access and the first dlc.

I have to say for pre ordering prices for a game that will not be out till October time I think the price is very steep.

form this point on I think this may turn into a rant you have been warned.

I mean what extras do you get for your extra £10???? so far I can only see it described as "bonus content" so other than that you have the access to test there game out for them so they don't fix all the bugs and still have to download a gb of game patches a week after the game is released.

now the DLC "China Rising" forgive me for being a bit confused but if you release a game and an expansion pack at the same time or at lest announce you are going to do it before the game is released its a lot like kings mill selling a loaf of bread for the normal price but if you want crust you can buy them separately as an add on. This really has wound me up a bit surely this should just be content of the game!!

well any way would be nice to hear if any one else had even thought about this at all (the game not my rant lol)

Adder

I bought battlefield 3 for £30 ish

I then bought the DLC for probably another £30 and played it for about a week.

DLC is the biggest f*cking rip off ever, robbing b*stards

Why not just pay a set figure for the game, not have all these stupid "if you pre order you get this" bullsh*t

Really gets on my tits.

I picked up BF3 for £25, with a birthday discount & the dlc for around 30. It was never going to be an Arma killer but I do enjoy playing it.

However, I have no intention currenly of picking up BF4 until it's much cheaper, which could be a year from release, who knows?

But I do agree with your point that dlc on release day is taking the piss.

Fotunately I find that all this corporate greed is actually doing my bank balance a favour.

Battlefield franchise - crap

Cod franchise - crap

Ghost Recon franchise - crap

I now save my hard earned for proven titles (ARMA) or promising kickstarters, less money down the drain.

How I miss the days when you bought a game, it was all there and almost worked out of the box (within a free patch or 2). These new business models that the gaming industry is adopting really does my head in.

Now the games have less content and are much more expensive (even before the DLCs).

To be honest, apart from arma/arma II/ arma2 OA (and a couple of others, Borderlands 2 for example), I have had most fun / value from old games bought cheap. The best gaming VFM was probably Company of heroes, which with all of the free content it's a game that cost very little (steam sale) and that I still play today.