Spartans Home

DayZ Update @ E3 2013

XJackerooX~SPARTA~

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for some more DayZ, with the new ssd & gfx I should have better performance.

With the time difference I'll be limited to the weekend's so in anticipation of that can one of you guys confirm mods required?

I'm up for some more DayZ, with the new ssd & gfx I should have better performance.

With the time difference I'll be limited to the weekend's so in anticipation of that can one of you guys confirm mods required?

Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, DayzCommander (install origins), if you're running it through steam this is helpful.

Edited by XJackerooX~SPARTA~

Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, DayzCommander (install origins), if you're running it through steam this is helpful.

Not running through Steam, my last DayZ updates is months old so if I install DayzCommander will that bring it all up to date and are you saying origins is an additional install?

For those that havent played origins -- it takes place on a custom map called Taviana, and the developers have done a really great job giving it a post-apoc feel. There is tons of custom content and ways to have permanent safe storage once you get gear you want to hang on to, though it takes some time. Lot's of vehicles that you can customize with armor plating, taking good tires off of vehicles, syphoning gas - things like that.

If you are waiting for standalone and haven't played origins, I think this will almost be better.

From what i've heard, the completely recoded the multiplayer engine, everything now is server side and you cant script as easily as before.

Right, you are. The servers make a client side check to ensure that you have to wacky scripts running. Even makes you acknowledge that they know you aren't cheating.

Not running through Steam, my last DayZ updates is months old so if I install DayzCommander will that bring it all up to date and are you saying origins is an additional install?

Origins is one of the maps you can find in dayz commander to install. If you like company at normal times lemme know, I'd like some more Dayz, and especially in good company... bored playing games alone....

Origins is one of the maps you can find in dayz commander to install. If you like company at normal times lemme know, I'd like some more Dayz, and especially in good company... bored playing games alone....

Will do, I'll get up to date and come looking for you.

Bring Everything up to date (A2, OA, and Commander) and install Origins in the Install/update area of DayZ commander. :)

From what i've (I've) heard, the(y*) completely recoded the multiplayer engine, everything now is server side and you cant script as easily as before.

Pretty much, also be prepared to wait for at least 1 full minute each time you try to connect as it does some checks on your haxxxx

i am up for some origins jackeroo

Well kick the tires and light the fires! LETS ROLL OUT! :bike: <--- sweet atv

... bored playing games alone....

http://youtu.be/mgU5D99L4tg

:hysterical: i kid i kid

Okay all up to date, so I'll be ready for the weekend.

I've only installed the origins map, from the list on DayZcommander, I assume this will be the only one needed for now?

Yes, Sir. I'd Suggest going ahead and saving a large Taviana Map to your hard drive so you can have a little idea where you are going till you get a map.as it may get dark outside :)

Just had a quick session on DayZ: Origins on the Spartan server and had a fun time collecting coke, pasta and zombie bite marks. Learned that orange zombies are bad and that running off small heights is even worse. Cheers to EBE and SuperJedi for helping me get back on my feet in DayZ, I should probably be back in the server at least a few times this week to build up a bigger collection of soft drinks and pasta-based foodstuffs.

Edit: Here's a handier map of Taviana that I found - http://dayzdb.com/map/taviana#5.136.138

Edited by Rolf

Need some bigger wheels!

I'm currently running around in a UAZ, which is fine for scavenging but I need something bigger so I can go of collecting materials for a house.

I've checked around Ekaterinburg, Yaroslav & Kameni but haven't found anything with more storage, Ural or box van size. Is this due to having so many (5 I think) at base or do you know where one might be easily found?

There is an APC in Molotovsk (sp?) along the east coast. It's the city with a giant ferris wheel. The APC is located on the West side of the warehouse compound (next to the main road). APC's have like a 500 slot storage and are perfect for house building.

You'll need to repair though,

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

I recently fixed up a blue minivan as a wee project (scrounging for parts in the industrial areas) and have dumped it at the community base. What with the recent disapperances of various vehicle parts from the base and the fact that i'm sorted vehicle-wise with the Bathmobile (and to atone for the fact that I crashed an An-2 a couple days back :ranting2: ), i'm going to offer the blue minivan up for spare parts. I also fixed up the tow truck from the airport which is at the base too - this can be considered fair game for vehicle parts as well.

If you come across a bathmobile parked in some woods however, keep your grubby hands off it lads!

Rather than strip the minivan (unless already done) how about we use it as a run-around?

That would certainly help me, as I wouldn't have to find somewhere to safely empty my UAZ so I can go off to look for & repair a truck for my house building needs.

Rather than strip the minivan (unless already done) how about we use it as a run-around?

That would certainly help me, as I wouldn't have to find somewhere to safely empty my UAZ so I can go off to look for & repair a truck for my house building needs.

The community base was started as a sort of spring off place for our new/veteran players to knock off the rust in an area chocked FULL of supplies. All someone has to do to get the parts necessary for building is literally make laps through the walled industrial complex directly next to base. In less than 2 hours you will have ALL the necessary components to branch off into your own place to store items/sleep.

Main thing is I wouldn't put my personal gear in community center anymore (consider we can get random players joinin in at kamini anytime and poof its ALL gone not just a wheel or two :/). I mean what would you do spawning in a random server and run across a field of almost one of every working vehicle...? One or two laps through and you should have all the repair parts for your UAZ (a fancy car with no storage). I'd take that around and find an APC or a Scrap buggy as they have massive storage and are fairly agile/ mobile, hide the UAZ (let the clan gaming community know it exists and is mine) then go and find a place to start building.

Watch this, learn this, do this for your own house.

All that being said, as long as the community base persists when you park your vehicles look around at where you are vs line of fire coming from the hangars/industrial area. Reversely as well, watch your fire when you are at base... pray and spray will end up in accidental deaths, popped tires, engine block gone, etc etc etc... Lets use our heads, this isn't call of duty you WON'T prestige, the cars don't park themselves and repair parts dont appear in vehicles, they are put there by considerate individuals of your gaming community.

The community base was started as a sort of spring off place for our new/veteran players to knock off the rust in an area chocked FULL of supplies. All someone has to do to get the parts necessary for building is literally make laps through the walled industrial complex directly next to base. In less than 2 hours you will have ALL the necessary components to branch off into your own place to store items/sleep.

Main thing is I wouldn't put my personal gear in community center anymore (consider we can get random players joinin in at kamini anytime and poof its ALL gone not just a wheel or two :/). I mean what would you do spawning in a random server and run across a field of almost one of every working vehicle...? One or two laps through and you should have all the repair parts for your UAZ (a fancy car with no storage). I'd take that around and find an APC or a Scrap buggy as they have massive storage and are fairly agile/ mobile, hide the UAZ (let the clan gaming community know it exists and is mine) then go and find a place to start building.

Watch this, learn this, do this for your own house.

All that being said, as long as the community base persists when you park your vehicles look around at where you are vs line of fire coming from the hangars/industrial area. Reversely as well, watch your fire when you are at base... pray and spray will end up in accidental deaths, popped tires, engine block gone, etc etc etc... Lets use our heads, this isn't call of duty you WON'T prestige, the cars don't park themselves and repair parts dont appear in vehicles, they are put there by considerate individuals of your gaming community.

I get all that and that's what I'm working towards.

In between getting the UAZ running I've been dumping every spare bit of kit in the community vehicles, leaving what I want specifically in the UAZ, plus I think Dai may have used it to store yesterday, as there are 3 new weapons in it.

My intention is to house build asap but as the UAZ on has 50 slots I need bigger. Plus it's pretty close to full so in order to fillit with repair items for a truck I'd need to empty, so I'm in a tail chasing point at the moment.

I'll get on shortly and review what's there and next steps but suffic eto say, I'll be heading out for a truck and then house materials.

Well fuck-a-doodle-doo, wasn't last night fun!

Spent an age with Dai fixing up & stocking a truck ready to head south to the quarry to begin house building. I think we got a couple hundred yards before the up-armoured truck clipped a roadside wreck & went up in flames!

Isn't DayZ just a dream.............

I decided to head south in the UAZ and start over closet to the quarry. I managed to get as far down as Molotovsk before an AI helo spotted me.

I abandoned tha UAZ on the road, grid 165-127 and headed for cover. Took some hits but thankfully managed to crawl into cover. Luckily I had bandages & morphine on me so patched myself up but lost a fair bit of blood.

I won't get back on now until Friday / Saturday so if anyone comes across the UAZ by all means use it.