Spartans Home
Rocky

Project Cars

Me and zeno purchased the development kit a year ago and supported the game ,been playing it a lot lately and it's really good .

Graphics is amazing,also the game interacts with outsource softwere, been using dash meter pro with my Galaxsy s2 looks like that:

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~

Project Cars is an interesting case study. After the launch of Shift 2 there was a developer discussion between the game players and the developers, Slightly Mad Studios. The discussion veered towards the possibility improving the game with a view towards a simulator. There was quite strong interest on both sides and they came to an agreement to move ahead if a certain amount of player funds could be reached. Because the basic car and track models were in place on day one the game was immediately playable, although they had no licences (they used generic names). They worked on developing the physics to the players tastes and went about gathering the necessary licences. I havent followed it as avidly as most but they are constantly coming up with new builds. I dont know what business model they will use, probably purchase with DLCs.

The car graphics are stunning in some cases (especially the old Lotus type 49 F1 car). The driving can be challenging more like the GTR series (GTR2, Race 07/Evolution etc). So you end up doing a lot of practice laps. It works with a controller but should be better with a wheel.

Panic posted about this at the outset

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9159-cars-community-assisted-race-sim/

Ha that video is awesome Idan, thanks. I didn't know you guys were ahead of the game on this one, I just heard about it. I'll be following it from now on though.