Spartans Home

Wargame: AirLandBattle

BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

Steam has Wargame:AirLandBattle pre-order available, and with it you get immediate access to beta. I just pre-ordered for $30 and Im DLing the game now.

Anyone unfamiliar with this game, its the sequel to Wargame: Europeon Escalation and its done by the same studio that did RUSE. Im hoping some folks in Sparta get this title because Im a huge fan and would like to play with folks. Ill be trying it out tomorrow so anyone interested or curious just holler at me in TS.

- Brer

Battle Decks are in! All units for all nations are now available and cutomizable decks are in the game! No AI enemies yet, and no campaign but I think thats coming next.

MH6 and Kal, fyi SEAD aircfraft (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense, aka Wild Weasel aircraft) use radar guided AA to home in on. Turn off the radar when these aircraft are about - this includes the Tunguska's guns. The Tunguska uses a laser to guide its missles, and radar for its guns.

Battle Decks are in! All units for all nations are now available and cutomizable decks are in the game! No AI enemies yet, and no campaign but I think thats coming next.

MH6 and Kal, fyi SEAD aircfraft (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense, aka Wild Weasel aircraft) use radar guided AA to home in on. Turn off the radar when these aircraft are about - this includes the Tunguska's guns. The Tunguska uses a laser to guide its missles, and radar for its guns.

Good to know, thanks.

Also, it seems if you specialize your decks (i.e. same nation for everything, same unit type, or same time period) you get substantial bonuses.

From the Wargame website:

It is always possible to create a mixed Deck including all countries and all unit types, and to earn special bonuses in return for certain sacrifices. For example, ‘national Decks' with 100% units from the same nation will be favored by a balancing system between better-equipped nations and more modest ones. Units called ‘prototypes' or still at an experimental stage at the time of the game, for example, will only be available in a ‘national' Deck.
An even greater level of customization is now available with the Deck type; it involves selecting only the equipment historically available to a certain group type, such as an airborne unit, a marine infantry unit, etc. For example, in the ‘Tank' category, an American airborne unit will be restricted to airborne tanks such as the Sheridan and the M8 AGS prototype, but in return, it will give you substantial advantages.
Finally, the third level of customization involves the period chosen for your Deck. If a Deck is considered as belonging to 1985 by default, with access to all the necessary equipment for its camp, it is quite possible to create a customized 1980 or 1975 Deck that will have only access to units available at the time. Again, in that case, bonuses bear significant advantages for those bold enough to make that choice!
These 3 customization levels are cumulative, which means you can add up the bonuses granted from each of them. For example, if you create a Marine infantry Deck from 1980 with 100% Russian troops, you will receive very high bonuses, compared to a Deck made up of little bits from all nations on your side.
Each customization level is linked to different limitations and bonuses. It is up to you to select your own options and develop daring tactics!

Building my decks at present.

So far I have:

Grande Armée

A pure French deck.

Troupes de marine

A pure French deck, marine restriction, era restriction 1980.

Polska

A pure Polish deck, era restriction 1980.

French deck??? Hurry up and surrender.... lol

Note to self, using era decks (1975/1980) only makes sense if your opponents are using them.

Yeah I figured that'd be a huge disadvantage. Was hoping the special benefits would help remove that disadvantage--I take it they don't?

So, there's been a fair amount of bitching at times when we've been playing W:ALB. Its a complex game and cant be mastered over night. There's a post over at the official forums directed at gripers and all those saying this or that unit is OP. It's harsh but is very true - anyway, Ive had a lot of success in the last day playing so if you wanna learn some tips come ask me in TS.

From official forums:

Now, I don't want to sound mean, rude or condescending but before you make a thread or post stating that the T80U is OP or that the F-14s are unfair and the developers need to change everything... Please take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if it isn't your own fault that you don't like these weapons.

Because I can assure you there are so many tools in your metaphorical box of tools which can be used to deal with a given situation in this game and one unit isn't the cause of you losing. There are over 800 units, yet apparently because you played a few games and in a few certain situations you lost means that the developers need to drop everything and change some unit stats because they go against your preconceptions of what is right and wrong.

The reality is that you're most likely bad, you play bad and you make stupid decisions; it's harsh and it's mean but it is the truth (9/10). And yes there are things which could be tuned, fixed and changed but I don't think there is anything game-breaking.

There is no one path to victory, there are multiple paths all with different units and tactics. Because of this it is very stupid to whine, moan and complain over a particular unit.

Thanks for reading, please don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=26742

Patch today ... and for all those who love comp stomp ... its in now. AI available.

Beta Patch v 303 (enjoy the reading... icon_lol.gif )

NEW FEATURES:

- The AI is now also available in 4 difficulties in the lobby. Slots have the options: Open, Close, Add IA. Once you added an AI, you can set its difficulty.
"Skirmish" available for single player offline games against (or teaming with) the AI.

- Ranked matches and Leaderboard are now available. You can search for a Ranked game in 1v1, 2v2 automatched (with a pick-up team mate), or 2v2 arranged match (with a friend).
=> KNOWN ISSUE: Broken right now. To be fixed on Friday, with our apologizes.

As a consequence, it is now possible to obtain higher grades by earning ELO points in Ranked. There are 15 grades available, from Private to the one and only Field Marshal. icon_e_surprised.gif

Minor features:

- Double clic on a plane in the airport will trigger the Track cam on this plane

- Right click on a plane in the Production menu during deployment phase allows to cancel its purchase

- W:EE musics are back in! Airland Battle and European Escalation musics will be played alternatively.

Balance corrections:

- All troop transports/supply trucks now have "None" optics.

- All troop transports trucks' speed reduced to 50 / 110 km/h on road/off-road speed.

- M966 Humvee I-TOW can't fire on the move anymore.

- French MILAN F1 price increased from 5 to 10$.

- All infantry units size decreased/set to "Very Small".

- British & Norwegian command Rover price increased from 100 to 105$.

- W-German command Iltis price increased from 100 to 105$.

- Swedish VEAK 40 & Polish/E-German ZSU-57-2 can't fire on the move anymore.

- Stealth value of the following units increased from "Very Good" to "Exeptionnal":

* Danish Jaeger

* Norwegian Marinejegeer

* Czechoslovakian Specialni Jednotky

* Spetsnaz VMF

* all 2-men teams.

- Stealth value of the following units decreased from"Exeptionnal" to "Very Good":

* Polish Piechota Lekka

* Soviet PTUR Konkurs

- Stealth value of Ka-50 increased from "Bad" to "Very Good".

Deck rules:

- Marder Roland 2 & Gepard 1A1 now available in Mechanized decks.

- AMX-30 Roland 2 now available in Mechanized decks.

- Polish & Soviet ASU-85 now available in their Airmobile decks.

- Polish BRDM-2 STRZALA-1M now available in Marine decks.

- Soviet BTR-70K, Shilka & BRDM-2 Strela-1M now available in Marine decks.

- All Soviet Su-27 & Su-24 variants now available in Marine decks.

- Polish MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-20 & Su-7BM now available in Marine decks.

- American F-117, F-15C & F-15E now available in thematic decks (but Marine)

- American F4J & F-4S now exclusively available in Marine decks.

- French Puma Logistique now available in Marine decks.

Bug fixes:

- Removed the (Move&)"Attack" button from Planes' orders, for it had no effect at all. If given to a selection including a plane, it will now be acknowledged by the plane as a right click (Move order).

- Removed the [RAD] attribute from Air-Air Missiles, for planes cannot be target by SEAD weapons.

- Fixing various stats missings in the units info:

* SemAct radar missiles now display their Range against Planes correctly.

* All Air-Air missiles now display their Range against Helicopters correctly.

Known issue: Canadian M113 ADATS' Range against Helicopters and Planes not displayed to be fixed very soon.

- Fixing some wrong automatic pivots toward threat.

- Fixing various rare crashes.

10 vs 10:

- 10 v 10 servers are now sorted in a "10 vs 10" list accessible from the multiplayer panel. "Normal" games are still listed in "Games List".

- The "Next" button in 10v10 games should now be more visible in green. This button allows you to stay in the lobby and participate to the next game on the same server.

Miscellaneous:

- Units should no longer shoot their bullets/AA bullets/DCA bullets on armored targets as long as they bear an AP weapon ("- such as infantry running into tanks in a forest? - yes, for instance").

- "Deck" was hard to find in Profile. Now it has made its way to the main screen, and Armory has been moved inside it. Hoping this helps!

- Changed ingame chat colors. Messages to Allies are now displayed in blue (previously orange), and messages to All are displayed in white (previously greenà.

- FOBs should no longer be spawned in the Armory.

- Danish Opklarings M/151's M2 machine-gun replaced by a MG3 (as is actually modeled).

- Swedish VEAK 40 now (for good?) has its good armament.

More to come, stay tuned.

P.S.: MadMat decided he deserved to take a day off today... while I do not agree with that, he says hi!

I've noticed that playing vs AI with Crispy, they seem to get a shit ton more deployment points than we do. They were literally spawning out 40 some units while Crispy and I could afford like 5 at best. It got to be pretty ridiculous.

It could be they were just using dirt cheap units, but they were pretty damn good units for being dirt cheap.