Spartans Home

Defiance, by TrionWorlds

So a Steam pal of mine talked me into buying TrionWorld's Defiance (http://www.defiance.com/en/) last night. He sold me with the pitch that it is a mix Borderlands (themes, style, gameplay), L4D (co-op gameplay), Firefly (theme, style and design). After playing three hours last night I have to say he nailed the description. Its sort of like Borderlands with many more players populating the world. More of a large scale co-op game than a MMO. Gameplay is 3rd person shooter/skill based. Its quite easy to play solo or to join groups on the fly.

Its available on Steam for $60. One time fee, no monthly sub.

Anyone looking to play this with me just let me know via Sparta TS or ping me on steam (on Steam I go by GoraSahib).

- Rabbit

Having issues with Defiance (Donzi, Im looking your way) try these forums:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Tech-Support-Bug-Reports-and-Issues

Specifically this, if you were in beta:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?19346-Do-you-have-BETA-still-installed-Remove-it!

Im looking for a solution to our particular problem with grouping up and setting missions etc. Good news is Trion seems to be fully aware of all these glitches and are working on a patch.

The teaming issue we saw may be part of a game mechanic, where high EGO characters cant do missions with characters too far behind them. But, I cant find anything official on that and it contradicts my own experiece. Anyway, theres a thread started on it here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?25215-Confused...

Guide to weapon effects in Defiance:

Toxicity
Toxicity.png
EFFECT: Increases damage done to the affected target by 20%

Electrical
Electric.png
EFFECT: Stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary
Incendiary.png
EFFECT: Burns the enemy, dealing damage over time. Also, causes NPC's to panic.

Biological
Biological.png
EFFECT: Slows enemies movement and decreases their damage dealt.

Radiation
Radiation.png
EFFECT: Makes target vulnerable and increases the damage they take.

Syphon
Syphon.png
EFFECT: When the effect is triggered, it will heal the players HP, or shield should the player have max HP. When the effect occurs you will hear a sound and a few seconds later around ~450 damage will be applied to the target and you will be healed.

ALSO: Trion is busting out patches to address some of the post launch wonkiness, and Majestic and I have managed to figure out some off the glitches with grouping. My feelings after several days of play, this is a very very solid game with tons of potential. And since its a Trion game and its tied to SyFy's flagship show Id say this game will only get better. $60 may seem steep now since the market is flooded with pay to win titles, but I feel its well worth it.

If you were ever a reader of Heavy Metal Magazine, Rogue Trooper, or FireFly; if you like co-op play but still want to solo, if you like a good story line (as in MassEffect good cut scenes), then this is the game for you. If Im wrong you can throw me in the briar patch.

Good updates and info brer :thumbsup: Better than just slapping up a vid and calling it a thread anyway.

I'm too wound up in my games to take on another right now, I'll prob wait till price drops and the call of duty-ers return to the suck.

Plus I own Fire Fall :)

Edited by XJackerooX~SPARTA~

First episode available on Amazon right now for free! Watching it with the woman atm, and its petty damn good. Why Amazon has the whole first episode up two days before broadcast I dont know, but hey Im liking it.

Amazon is pretty awesome, I watch almost all of my TV through Amazon.

ASSAULT RIFLES - LMG's - SMG's

Assault Scope - Aim Accuracy
ARAssaultScope_zps099eef5f.jpg

Commando Scope - Aim Accuracy
ARCommandoScope_zps96470372.jpg

Stabilization Scope - Aim Accuracy & Movement Accuracy
ARStabilizationScope_zps951c07a4.jpg

Tactical Scope - Aim Accuracy
ARTacticalScope_zpsd861d779.jpg

SHOTGUNS

Hip Spread Scope - Accuracy
ShotgunHipspreadScope_zps3ab8cb15.jpg

Scatter Scope - Accuracy & Movement Accuracy
ShotgunScatterScope_zps7c9dfb5c.jpg

SNIPER RIFLES

Marksman Scope - Aim Accuracy
SniperMarksmanScope_zps9fc420b0.jpg

Sharpshooter Scope - Aim Accuracy
SniperSharpshooterScope_zps6cd6c98c.jpg

Telescopic Scope - Aim Accuracy
SniperTelescopicScope_zps9a80eaff.jpg

PISTOLS

Advanced Scope
PistolAdvancedScope_zps4c0d496d.jpg

Mobile Adjustment Scope
PistolMobileAdjustmentScope_zpsc294e7da.

Precision Scope
PistolPrecisionScope_zpsc3c19048.jpg

Ultimate Scope
PistolUltimateScope_zpsfeb509c3.jpg

Yep. I set a low bar for TV Sci-fi, so Im rarely disappointed when they revamp old ideas and tropes. The Orangutan Votan race is one of my disappointments. And how all eight intelligent races came from one system doesnt make any sense. But, Nolan is a cool character and if it sticks to a Deadwood/Firefly mash up formula it wont be all bad.