Spartans Home

Play with Six Updater

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I'm wondering what the general consensus is about using Play with Six Updater for the server and mod updates going forward.

The old updater used to be a bit of a pain in the ass - but the new version is getting easier to use and will allow us to stay up to date with all of the mods which is important at this time becoz a lot of the mods are being updated regularly with enhancements or as new parts are released or tweaked in the Alpha.

I'm happy to put together a tutorial to explain how it works and then its just a matter of entering the Sparta server through Play with Six and it will pick up and install any mod updates.

Hey lightspeed i like that but there are problems with that solution. If we update to an unstable update then we can not play till the new update comes out sometimes upwards of weeks it takes so we update time to time when we know there is a stable version out there.

I will be using it as a launcher irrespective it has become a much simpler tool to use

Not sure if it would be a problem anyway Killerbees as a rule of thumb we have never used beta updates on the ArmaII server because of the lag between Steam and everyone else. With ArmaIII being all Steam I am guessing not being to far in front will be less of an issue.

I will be using it as a launcher irrespective it has become a much simpler tool to use

Not sure if it would be a problem anyway Killerbees as a rule of thumb we have never used beta updates on the ArmaII server because of the lag between Steam and everyone else. With ArmaIII being all Steam I am guessing not being to far in front will be less of an issue.

Agreed that it would be less of an issue. However, if A3 is to offer beta builds for download, they're likely to come via Steam's beta participation feature. Since this is an opt-in program, it's unlikely that those versions would be (or forced to be) the norm among the group.