Spartans Home

Sparta Arma 3 Server in need of update

XJackerooX~SPARTA~

Hey,

The Sparta ARMA 3 server is needing to be updated methinks.

It's showing up as a red X on the multiplayer server browser, and is booting me for "bad version" after I just updated the from steam.

Just a heads up :)

Be advised that during ANY ALPHA or BETA program you should turn off automatic updates through STEAM as it will up date you before the servers are updated and stable. Typically game server updates are delayed to insure there are not any mission/MOD breaking changes made.

As I have made in a previous post this morning, this patch did break a few things that will more than likely need to be addressed before custom missions can once again be utilized.

As an extra measure always back up your ARMA3 folder so you have a way back in time.

Edited by Hajimoto

Ah i didn't see your post concerning breakage (getting used to the cool new forum layout), I have my update normal and don't have a backup lol but I can wait for the mission file or whatever needs to be modified and updated server side before continuing. Thanks for the detailed response :thumbsup: , I'll prob be switching to manual update after the server is fixed.