Spartans Home

Arma 3: Gameplay Views

EMT~SPARTA~

Hey Everyone,

Please post your opinions and views of the alpha here. This is primarily for people like me, who are at work and cannot play it all day.

For ex:

* What are the multiplayer missions?

* How is it running with your rig?

* Your personal opinion of the new changes.

* Did you change any key bindings?

* Anything you feel is important to mention.

Thank you

Also, MH6 - Do you have an update for the Arma III server?

Hey Everyone,

Please post your opinions and views of the alpha here. This is primarily for people like me, who are at work and cannot play it all day.

For ex:

* What are the multiplayer missions?

* How is it running with your rig?

* Your personal opinion of the new changes.

* Did you change any key bindings?

* Anything you feel is important to mention.

Thank you

Also, MH6 - Do you have an update for the Arma III server?

Game is running well. Encountered a few bugs, and had one crash--but that's expected of an Alpha. There are two MP maps, a 7-man COOP and 10-man COOP.

I'm liking the changes they made to movement, feels much more fluid. Chopper controls are decent as well, and the analog collective controls are nice.

Dedicated servers can be run via a -server switch when launching ArmA3.exe. So we just need to purchase a copy of ArmA 3 for the server in order to run it. Or we can possibly use one of our installs. Once I figure out what my RAdmin password was, I'll test it out.

Also, if you buy it, buy it via Steam @ http://store.steampo...com/app/107410/

Apparently the BIS store is having some issues.

Just did some CQB testing. CQB is a LOT less frustrating in Arma 3 compared to Arma 2

Impressed.....I think so!

Echo what MH6 has said so far, the movement is sooo much better and more natural. The graphics are amazing, in relation to II, more realistic and natural looking.

One thing, I need to go back to flight school, flying was way different to my experiences in II.

Pleased with how smooth the SP ran on my rig, given that it's only just beating the minimum spec in the gfx area. I'd like to try some MP to see how it differs. I know I need a gfx upgrade and plan on an SSD for the full game release but intrigued as to how I can cope now.

Edit:

Pleased with the MP too. Had a few hours tonight with the guys and impressed with the performance I got.

A few hiccups, once or twice I seemed to get into an unstoppable march that only stopped with frantic key pounding and towards the end, at the airfield I couldn't sight in on targets. As soon as I went to zoom in on my scope it would always be pointing at the floor and take an age to bring the sight up to eyeline and then would just randomly wander over the screen.

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

runs smooth, still its alpha release AI is super accurate shooting, ive been re-spawned in containers where i could not get out alot of times. key is don't die by containers or on rocky ledges you will be stuck there.

ive played several hours and im getting used to it - its definite improvement on Arma2 but still work to be done.

quite demanding on the gfx card as you can imagine - can't run all on v high anymore. :(

slowly getting used to stance shifting and shifting between optics and combat movement

gear loadout is more confusing but slowly getting that sorted too.

overall, great Alpha as long as the Beta and Final end up awesome.

average fps - between 25 and 35 - max 45ish

average fps - between 25 and 35 - max 45ish

i got around max 60FPS average 40/45Fps ( but in busy server 40pêople around 25FPS when they mess around )

no shadows

no postprocessing bla bla

no high viewdistance 2500m / obj.1100m

no anisot filter blabla

what i doo anti aliasing X8

details are on HIGH (at least)

ONLY STUFF i need !

i did mess around with custom face worx a little . (try old Face file jpeg turn it completely red u will see)

there is more info but leazy

greetz

Edited by EBE

i got around max 60FPS average 40/45Fps ( but in busy server 40pêople around 25FPS when they mess around )

no shadows

no postprocessing bla bla

no high viewdistance 2500m / obj.1100m

no anisot filter blabla

what i doo anti aliasing X8

details are on HIGH (at least)

ONLY STUFF i need !

i did mess around with custom face worx a little . (try old Face file jpeg turn it completely red u will see)

there is more info but leazy

greetz

70 fps in menu, 25-45 in showcase games

10-11fps online

looks like arma 3 is not for me at the moment

all with res turned down and all bells and whistles turned off

:(

i noticed FPS degradation over time on the server - a number of us started out at 30+ which dropped to about 20 over 30 minutes and to 12 fps about another 30 minutes later. not sure if it was the server/mission congesting after a long mission or Arma3 engine.

There have been various reports of this on the BIS forums. I think the general consensus is that it is a a result of either AI or physics networking. I'm hoping they will fix the issue soon. In the mean time I may try to figure out a short term solution.

It is a great game so much fun so much to improve on also and to everyone that is getting FPS hits i dont know why my syestem is running just fine only time i take FPS hits is when the server has been up for 2 hours or so and we completed 4 to 5 missions. other then that game is amazing controls and a bit quirky lol but great overall.