Spartans Home

DayZ Tumblr Update

EMT~SPARTA~

rolleyes.gif

Dear DayZ enthusiast

You have been personally chosen to the DayZ Standalone technology test which will be invite only and released before the Foundation release.

What will be expected during this test?

The test is to ensure the changes we have made to the client-server infrastructure, works as anticipated, there will be very little new content and a large amount of bugs.

If you encounter any issues and bugs such as game breaking ones or compatibility problems please inform us of these issues so that they can be fixed in preparation for the Foundation release. We intend to create a DayZ forum section for this but that is yet to be confirmed.

Before you're able to gain entry into the technology test build you must sign an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement). However we are still happy for people to post videos and images from the test when we launch it, the NDA is to stop people sharing the game files.

This is the NDA, you must print this form off and physically sign it in the specified areas which is basically every space you have on there with your full name.

To get this form back to us please scan it or take a photograph of the document and then e-mail the information with the photograph or scanned document attached to;

matt.lightfoot@bistudio.com

Best Regards,

Matt and the rest of us on the DayZ team.

--

Matt Lightfoot

Production Assistant

I get the feeling that MH6 received an email with that message, and the form was attached.

The standalone looks great, and I can't wait for it to release. Even if I don't play it much, I think BIS is a group that's worth supporting.

This will be a lot better than WarZ. :rolleyes:

I haven't played the mod a lot, but when I did it was quite exciting.

On that note, that the names of the two games are so similar is bothersome enough. That so many websites seem to almost intentionally draw the two together is all the more frustrating.

Logged on to steam the other day and clicked on ARMA 2. The top story's headline blatantly stated how WarZ sucked and no one should buy it. Why in the hell is this listed under ARMA news? This isn't an isolated incident. Lots of websites are doing this and it worries me that people will see so much "WarZ sucks, Warz is total shite" listed as DayZ and Arma related news that a good number of people will not make the connection that they are separate games. Even the Day Z devs said the sitaution is stressful because it is close to bringing bad PR or worries of bad PR to their game.

Maybe that's making a mountain out of a molehill. I just hope the good press that hopefully flows after the release of Day Z will leave no doubts about how good it is.

Anyway I am glad to see the WarZ people getting stomped. Bad enough they chose such a similar name, even worse their game doesn't deliver.