Spartans Home

SimCity 5 (Beta sign up)

NoScream~SPARTA~

I am not playing a game where the civs talk like Teletubies

Haha. Well they're finally carrying over the "Sim" language from The Sims games. I don't mind it much to be honest. Sim City Societies was like that, and I enjoyed playing it.

Hmmm, 11 minutes and 24 seconds of my life I can never get back!

did this months and months ago ,

now waiting on NOTHING

the more i, hear and see about the game , this one coud sux , but il keep hope alive for now...

greetz

I think alot of fans from previous versions want the same old, but MAXIS have thrown away the old engine & only kept the theme.

This way they are able to introduce new elements which are controversial with many original fans.

What has GONE:

Single player offline mode.

Hacks & cracks.

Laying of pipes for water.

Connecting of powerlines for std power supply.

restricted max 2km x 2km city limit.

Terra forming has gone.

Varied densities for RCI land placement, residential commercial industrial has gone.

What is ADDED:

Cloud save only (online) Resume anywhere play.

First time true multiplayer mode, via invite or public.

First time global economic data worldwide.

First time tadable resources for player to player, water, power, fuels, commodities.

Basic buildings can be expanded, not only knocked down. modular system of expansion.

Multiple transport systems, with reginal interlinks to other player cities.

Multiple cities in one region per player, so you and your buddies can build 2 cities each etc.

Max 16 maps per region

Max 10 region save slots per user account

City specializations: Metals, Petroleum, Gambling, Electronics, Trade, Culture, and Education.

DLC pay additional content, like BF3.

You can have multiple regions going simultaneously, and multiple cities within those regions. You are not limited to a single city, and you do not have to delete one city to start another.

Modding is in but not at launch but will have restrictions.

anyway, it's a game & you get what they have made....

like many games it's evolved with good & bad...

Have to be online to play...

Nope not gonna do it

lol... even my phone is online 24/7, I know because Cylwayer won't stop sending pics of his meals...

YES YOU HAVE TO BE ONLINE to do most things on a PC today, just try doing something with the internet unplugged.

It's an online only game, it works with user world data, updating every 3 min worldwide.

It needs to adjust comodity prices ingame according to how supply & demand is doing on other user cities.

Like more & more games, they are following the concept, Battlefield, Call of duty, World of tanks, Crysis 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IEgEiJPPA

Yes viper and its a real turn off when you play for weeks on a city and then all of a sudden EA servers are screwing up and you cant play for a week....

Its not connection to internet, its connection to their )*^$ servers that people dont want.

And ive been in games and all of a sudden the game freezes cause the internet connection was disturbed for 1/10 of a second...

I think the main issue for me in the online/offline debate is that I would take 2 games with me when I traveled: Civilization, and SimCity. I could play them on my laptop while in flight or in a hotel, not worry about being online, and they became a single player getaway. Sid Meier made Civ 5 and a web-based Civ game for Facebook - separate options for online only/offline play-style. Having no option to play SimCity 5 offline is a sad turn of events and a change in direction.

So, while it sucks to a degree, its a change that's adjustable.. that doesn't mean I'll pout and raise a flag of defiance in ever wanting to play it again. That's just an odd self-defeating reaction because I doubt now that they have made this shift that they will go backwards. I love SimCity, I'll still buy it, and enjoy the hell in dumping all my garbage on MH6's city. :)

Yes viper and its a real turn off when you play for weeks on a city and then all of a sudden EA servers are screwing up and you cant play for a week....

Its not connection to internet, its connection to their )*^$ servers that people dont want.

And ive been in games and all of a sudden the game freezes cause the internet connection was disturbed for 1/10 of a second...

EA has quoted the disconnect time is 3-10mins.

The game saves on cloud storage.

It's a bummer but it's just how they will be delivering this title.

What can I say...

I'd prefer a on//offline option but on launch it's online mode, like Battlefield 3, it needs ORIGIN to login to start the game.