Spartans Home

More new games when?

Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well sence the release of crysis in DX9-DX10 we have been awaiting more new games. Seems that the game makers are dragging their butts, or seems that way any how. Also seems like all the flight games have fallen off the shelfs and dissapeared, except Flight sim 10. I have been awaiting new flight games myself. Well hopefully we will see more new ones soon. below is a list of them that are out now.

Confirmed DirectX 10 Games

Games that have DirectX 10 support

* Crysis

* Shadowrun

* World in Conflict

* Alan Wake

* Flight Simulator X: Adrenaline

* Unreal Tournament 3

* Hellgate: London

* Age of Conan

* Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

* Bioshock

* Eve Online

* Call of Juarez (with patch)

* Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Games that will likely support DirectX 10, but are not confirmed

* Starcraft 2

* Dev team is working on DX10 support.

* Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

* Using Unreal Engine 3, which the latest release utilises DX10.

* Gears of War

* Universe at War: Earth Assault

* Warhound

* Chrome 2

* Guild Wars 2

Games that do NOT have DirectX 10 support

* Supreme Commander

* Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

* Halo 2 (PC)

DirectX 9 vs DirectX 10

A good comparison of the two technologies can be found the the Crysis Videos page or the DX10 Gallery.

Best DirectX 10 Games

If you are looking for the best of the DirectX 10 games that will truely bring out the new technology available in the latest video cards you could consider the following games:

Available Now:

* Unreal Tournament 3 (FPS)

* Crysis (FPS)

* Company of Heroes (RTS)

Although many games support and utilise the DirectX 10 technology, only a few actually embrace it. Company of Heroes shows off some of the lighting effects, but doesn't truely embrace it. The Crysis page has some comparison videos that will really make you stand in awe of just what DirectX is capable of.

Is DX10 only compatable with Vista, or can I use it in XP?

Anyways, there's a new sim game coming out from the makers of IL2 called "storm of war" looks really good.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/stormofwarb...tml?sid=6151307

Only Vista supports DX10 but u can always play a DX10 game with XP u just don´t get the eyecandy wich u don´t have the time to look at when bullits fly around your head

Ubi also has a new flight game in development. It isnt a flight sim, more likely it will be arcadish and is set in the near future.

But it is from Ubisoft, so who knows. One can hope right?

Tom Clancy's Air Combat [Working Title]

lol, arcadish....set in the near future.....Ubi.....sounds very familiar:) I've heard about it, and I may take a look at it if it comes in a demo, but I'll be looking foward to the new IL2. Although those IL2 games do have their drawbacks, like having to have 20 fingers and 2 brains to operate it.

Ya I read a article on one of the tech sights that dx10 is only available with vista at this time, that was the main reasion for me getting it, tired of the old cartoon looking games. But apartantly cod 4 is useing a hopped version of dx9, that shows what has been available for dx9 for awile but none of the game makers used it untill now. But can't waite for more new ones. Hey even that game EVE is in dx10. I don't like makeing monthly payments on a game, seems i have enough monthly payments going out now to keep me away. namely this 10 meg connection I have. And to answer that question on the direct x 10 for xp found that article on it

Direct X 10 will be Vista only

Windows XP can't handle it

By Fuad Abazovic: Thursday, 15 June 2006, 1:36 PM

WE FINALLY got the official word that Direct X 10 won't find its way to Windows XP.

So anyone who plans to buy Direct X 10 hardware and plans to use its full potential will have to buy Vista as well.

The current driver model on the Windows XP is the limitation. One of the key points of Direct X 10 is to be the ability to have more independent objects and the current driver model on Windows XP simply won't be able to deal with it.

Direct X 10 hardware will of course run Direct X 9 games and it is also supposed to do so fast.

The Vole, ATI, Nvidia and the other creators of the Direct X 10 specification wanted to make sure that you will be offered the toppest-notch gaming experience.

We still have to hold our breath and wait and see real hardware running real games on the final Vista Direct X 10 API but give it some time. µ

The article on it here

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/new...l-be-vista-only

And then this artical came out later

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/new...-for-windows-xp

And found anouther article on it here

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...isnt-in-xp.aspx

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

But then they are saying that the new Direct x 9.0L will Allow 10 to work in XP, so we will have to wait and see what the deal is and if it will be as good. Don't expect to see it work with AGP we will still have to run a direct x 10 complyant vid card eather 10.0 or 10.1 with the introduction of the 9800gtx cards very soon.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 2 years later...