Spartans Home

Tekkit Lite

KalXen~SPARTA~

Tekkit has released their Tekkit Lite server. It is now compatible with Minecraft v 1.4.6, which means the newest mobs and blocks, etc. You use the same TechnicLauncher, but choose "Tekkit Lite" from the images on the top left.

Is is new, and bound to have some bugs, etc. One major change is that it no longer runs on Bukkit, so some mods like 'Essentials' or 'WorldEdit' are not supported. Another is that Equivalent Exchange is now version 3.0, and is going to be a rewrite. At the moment, condensors and magical stuff don't exist.. so it gives this version of Tekkit a very industrial feeling and requires a bit more elbow grease.

Server is at minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2401

Dynmap is at minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2403

BTW - I have turned off the Tekkit 3.1.3 classic server for the time being to give this server a shot. The 3.1.3 has also been VERY buggy lately, with several buildcraft/computercraft loops causing the server to grind to a halt. We had to reset the server to a earlier save and lost a day of work anyhow due to this.

Hey Kal,

Having problem in new Tekkit lite server, I can't seem to right-click place any objects. I checked in single player mode and it works fine. I notice it first when I was trying to place a crafting table down.

Thanks

This happens outside the spawn area.

Edited by Raven_2012

Finally got a new laptop that I enjoy playing minecraft on with you guys when I can. But quick question....how in the heck are you guys getting the resources to build this stuff? I started poking around the tekkit wiki and everything takes an insane amount of rare resources...What am I missing? Just the necessary time?

Finally got a new laptop that I enjoy playing minecraft on with you guys when I can. But quick question....how in the heck are you guys getting the resources to build this stuff? I started poking around the tekkit wiki and everything takes an insane amount of rare resources...What am I missing? Just the necessary time?

yep... a lot of these guys are seasoned vets and have been playing awhile so if I need something I ask. they seem to know the shortest way to get things done

Hey Yankee,

Just work your way up the latter. Start with a mining well, then move up to a mining turtle. Those are by far the best ways to accumulate resources.

With 2 mining turtles, I am mining out an entire volcano to build a fortified community. While I build my walls, my mining turtles are busy getting more resources for me. Mining wells are very good if you want to dig deep down, but aren't very quick and require a watchful eye.

Other things that require much more resources take a long time to work your way up there, if you even want to work up to it. My personal opinion is I stay away from the more complicated items. I only need something to help me mine and for protection (of course farming).

Stay away from nukes, unless you want to make 30 people very angry at you.