Spartans Home

Steam question

Watchman~SPARTA~

A few months back I installed Borderlands onto my laptop, to give me something to play when I'm away from home. Yesterday I figured I'd download it to the desktop but it doesn't show that I've already bought it?

I assumed my Steam account would be transparent across pc's same as my Origin account.

What am I missing?

Edit:

Okay, worked out what the issue is, I have two Steam accounts!!

However, what I don't get is how both of them show my purchase of HL2, which I have definitely only ever bought once?

It's not a single game problem though as my desktop account has my purchases of Shift 2 and R6 Vegas 2 on there. So I guess my real question now, is can I join my two accounts???

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1558-QYAX-1965

Merging Accounts

Steam accounts can not be merged together.

Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Steam game subscriptions / CD keys are nontransferable and cannot be reset / moved between Steam accounts.

sry watchy you would need to log onto each account depending on what you want to play. with the sales being on, it's not a bad time to replace games if you just want to use one.

as for HL2, not sue why you have it twice, but i'm pretty sure everyone with a steam acocunt has HL2 :D

Edited by PANiC

steam should be accomodating of this i mean it would be less accounts to manage in their databases if they allowed people to transfer their accidental account purchases to their main account it would clean up all the dormant accounts.

as for the non transferable keys and all yeah you cant be passin your games along when youve finished them or steam will hardly make any money but say a person who uses the same email address the same paypal account same address in both accounts it should be allowed.

let us know how ya get on.