Spartans Home

Revive Graw for some holiday gaming

Forrester~SPARTA~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:GRAW 2 Dedicated server

We have a dedi server up and running, at the moment it is a work in progress but seems to be ready for coop missions. It has a max players count of 12 in this gamemode. I must warn you that neither Krambo or Zeno (who have been beta-testing) are at all competitive and they are not playing for keeps at all!

I am playing with the other gametypes to see whether they are worth a look.

I am sorry we couldn't get a GRAW 1 server up in the time, I just couldn't make it work. If anyone has any memory of what the process is please do let me know.

19:30 GMT

Server name is "Luggage test2"

Server password is test2

Any queries let me know.

Update Number 1:

I have downloaded the GRAW 2 map bundles from the Downloads section of the Sparta Forums and stuck them into the rotation. You will need them if you want to play on the server. The rotation is currently on a subset of these coop maps. I decided you probably didn't want to play 3 versions of the same map, fog/day/night so I only selected one of them.

Secondly we briefly played some Hamburger Hill, mixed results. Not everyone's cup of tea so we lost a player or two, and that meant that the smoke time was probably too low for the quantity we had in the server. However it did bring forward some useful information. It is clear that Custard is not the senile, past it, has-been that I assumed, but rather a tactical genius (in his own head at least) and a someone to watch.

Forrester, still sounding like the Doctor from the Simpsons, is a sneaky little tinker and knows some devious routes into the smoke. Watchy is a devil at range, oh and I still can't use any of the weapons and a pistol is probably my best option.......at 2 metres.....if they aren't shooting back........preferably they need to be facing the other way.......and deaf.

Which brings me around to headphones. I was definitely at a disadvantage using speakers for this. Not really able to hear much over my own two bags of salt and vinegar attached to my knees, I was being tracked down and skewered with far too much regularity. So it's time to break out the musty headphones I reckon.

pip-pip!

lol@luggage

coop_Bogie_OccupationDay_v4

coop_borders

coop_castle_day

coop_compound v1.0

coop_crashsite

coop_dam

coop_estrada

coop_fort_day_v2

coop_hangar18

coop_hell

coop_hostage

coop_nowhere_v5

coop_quarrynight

coop_retrieve

coop_sierra

coop_snipers

coop_storm

coop_tc02_arroyo_v1

coop_timber

coop_tug_sierra_day

Coop timberrrrrr Forrester likes that...lol

As much as I crave some PvP can I propose some COOP action on Saturday 29th?

I have asked Luggs to reduce the difficulty as I am a lame old fart.

As much as I crave some PvP can I propose some COOP action on Saturday 29th?

I have asked Luggs to reduce the difficulty as I am a lame old fart.

I request the company of

Z

Viii

Floyd

et al

here endeth the request

Thanks to everyone for making last night great fun. A particular welcome to Peter who has never played the game before, and is probably wondering whether he will again!

I think Castle appears to be outstanding a return as we didn't manage to complete it before nursie came and told me it was bedtime and the server had to be switched off.

In the meantime I will download the files mentioned by Dai and get them loaded.