Spartans Home

ATI.xx

EBE

question ..

When i use the 12.10 driver for an ATI 7870 (or whatEver)

My Gpu in the beginning monitored in Afterburner (msi); gives me a max of 63% usage of Gpu (Stats)

With the 12.11Beta (+cap) i get 100% usage ?? (in the beginning ; visuable the monitoring in Msi)

Some previous xx.xx v. had 100% too (some NOT)

my 2 euros ; yours ? ? ..

greetzzz

Edited by EBE

Running 12.11 on 6950, runs hot if I clock my memory timings 25-30mhz higher than stuck via Catalyst. Breaking 80 degrees C!

Gameplay in ArmA is fine and run everything on high @ 1680x1050. Fraps reports drop to 20-27 at times when d-sync occurs or a script is enacted with a lot of functions, not video related though.

question ..

When i use the 12.10 driver for an ATI 7870 (or whatEver)

My Gpu in the beginning monitored in Afterburner (msi); gives me a max of 63% usage of Gpu (Stats)

With the 12.11Beta (+cap) i get 100% usage ?? (in the beginning ; visuable the monitoring in Msi)

Some previous xx.xx v. had 100% too (some NOT)

Question(s) is/are:

What are you doing during these times of 100% use of the GPU?

Is the software that is causing the 100% use the same software on 12.10 as 12.11?

If all games increased the GPU load then they are bad drivers. Typically drivers are updated or streamlined for particular game engines, not all games at once. I would say look at your game performance, is there a 30% improvement in performance?

No? then use the older driver, if yes, your getting all the juice and should be happy.

Another question, how are you monitoring the GPU performance?

Are you running multiple monitors?

Are they both are a single video card?

That should be enough questions for now :)

Question(s) is/are:

What are you doing during these times of 100% use of the GPU?

Is the software that is causing the 100% use the same software on 12.10 as 12.11?

If all games increased the GPU load then they are bad drivers. Typically drivers are updated or streamlined for particular game engines, not all games at once. I would say look at your game performance, is there a 30% improvement in performance?

No? then use the older driver, if yes, your getting all the juice and should be happy.

Another question, how are you monitoring the GPU performance?

Are you running multiple monitors?

Are they both are a single video card?

That should be enough questions for now :)

TEST ; HITMAN ; benchmark ; (afterburner 2.2.1)

ATI 12.10 ;

min 25.24

max 60.19

av 30.50

with cap 12.10 ;

min 24.24

max 50.48

av 30.65

ATI 12.11 beta ;

min 56.00

max 158.00

av 73.15

with cap 12.11 ;

min 60.19

max 177.04

av 73.65

hope this helps

i like you haji thats why i kill you last ...

Edited by EBE

EBE a 130.26% average performance increase is awesome!

The question is, "Is that increase only for Hit Man or are you seeing that kind of increase across the board?". I would not be too worried about 100% GPU load if you are getting the Performance you are looking for. A 70.4 Average FPS is 10.4 above what is considered the PC gaming standard. Start worrying about 100% GPU when you are not able to achieve 25-35 FPS in a non PVP first person shooter.

If you want to reduce GPU load, reduce the anti-aliasing/SSAA now that they have corrected an issue.

I did some research and found the following: (Please understand that I was looking for changes that would effect your posted results and the below claims are not the ONLY changes that were made in these revisions)

AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA8 INTRODUCED THE FOLLOWING BENEFIT

• Hitman Absolution: Improves Anti-Aliasing performance for single GPU configurations.

AMD CATALYST 12.11 PRE BETA6 DRIVER INTRODUCED THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS

• This driver introduces significant performance improvements for many games across ALL 28nm AMD Radeon? HD 7000 Series products: HD 7700, HD7800 and HD7900.
  • Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.

Happy Gaming bother EBE!