Spartans Home

Bohemia interactive sale

Zeno~SPARTA~

i have take on helicopters its fun. looks like arma even feels like arma but the flying physics are completely different along with actual dashboard interaction of the cockpit (move mouse to battery switch and click it to flick the battery on) turning on starter motors actually aatching the dials for rpm, torque and oil pressure before ideling and then full throttling the engines and you have to counteract weight, if you lift cargo on a winch once you start carrying, it will add strain on your gearbox and you need to add more power on the collective. theres also alot more in depth procedures like checking the pititot tubes the airspeed indicator engine, gearbox fuel lines for damage the game keeps a running damage tab on your aircraft so you have to pay for repairs if you were pushing the rpms too high or doing crazy gforce level turns. take on hinds is completely pointless as there isnt even a story its just a hind added in so you can fly one in free flight mode. i loved it but i cant say how true to real life the controls are as ive never flown a heli... (yet) but i think id have a fair idea of the procedures and dials to read now. singleplayer is fun but when i completed the game it had no replay value for me. then its just flying around seattle looking at pretty tall buildings.

i heard that too lightspeed but after playing take on helicopters just the take off alone would take at least a minute unless you want to wreck the engine with a hot start. probably implement the physics; in ground effect, down wash, carrying load. if they implement these cockpit features flying lessions will be a must for all and then doing it over and over to get the repetition drilles in so ya dont do something silly like leave the main rotor brake on while spooling up on multiplayer. tac-dom would be awesome though with the added realism of it.

there's gonna be alot of snapping main rotors and gearbox failures for those who are in a hurry lol. choppers are going to be fallin evrywhere.

ill go pratice some more.

Edited by niall

Jumpin in the shark to fly around. hahaha Better turn off the autopilot to practice up!. Also if anyone is interested. Belsimtek will be releasing the Uh-1h helo into DCS soon *by the end of the year they hope*. Probably would be something to look into if anyone is interested. Im sure if you can fly a helo in DCS you would easily be able to fly a helo in Arma 3. :)