Spartans Home

FarCry 3 in Real Life

MH6~SPARTA~

Kinda makes it seem odd when you see two guys walking in a predictible path around a house in real life, lol.

Yeah. Or how they apparently have to run up till they're about 10ft away before even attempting to fire.

"Hang on guys, I gotta get within spittin' range to use this gun!"

Bought this game last night, pretty damned fun. Much more fun than Far Cry 2. And it looks fucking beautiful, especially up near the Doctor's house near the goats--where I was hunting a goat with a bow and arrow, only to see a fucking tiger stalking them, barely visible in the tall grass.

Side note: Don't shoot a tiger with a bow and arrow. Use a gun.

Also, Dennis reminds me of Rafiki.

rafiki05.gif

Was stalked by a 2 tigers last night while trying to stealth up on a pirate camp. Only had silenced weapons and didn't want to open fire else break the mission. I was climbing trees, jumping on top of cars, doing everything I could to avoid them. Barely even noticed them before they tried to pounce on me. I eventually aggro'ed them to the camp, and they took out every pirate around (15?) giving me a free base completion. Then killed them and upgraded one of my bags. Very fun, if not intense, 30 minutes.

Sounds cool.

What are the requirements like compared to Far Cry 2?

My computer handled that game alright, but I'm having trouble with newer games like BF3, MOHW and Planetside...

If you have trouble running Planetside or MoH, you'll most likely have trouble with FarCry 3. It's a pretty graphically intensive game (at least on ultra--but it looks damn nice)

That really depends a lot on which game engine they use though, right?

I mean, there's plenty of lovely jungle and shit in Far Cry 2 and that runs fine on my comp. I have relatively high settings on BF3 and MOH, but they run a lot worse IMO. They are both on the Frostbite engine, so...

Planetside I'm not quite sure about.

as long as every ten mins is not spent loading up a saved game because got run over by a jeep in the bush like farcry2 im game.

That really depends a lot on which game engine they use though, right?

I mean, there's plenty of lovely jungle and shit in Far Cry 2 and that runs fine on my comp. I have relatively high settings on BF3 and MOH, but they run a lot worse IMO. They are both on the Frostbite engine, so...

Planetside I'm not quite sure about.

Well only thing I can suggest then is to compare min specs to your specs.

as long as every ten mins is not spent loading up a saved game because got run over by a jeep in the bush like farcry2 im game.

Far Cry 3 is so much better than Far Cry 2, you can't even really compare them.

finsished the single player on it and it was brillant haved to say one of the best single player games ive ever played cant realy playonline atm because of my appauling mobile internet speed was just so laggy. id deffo recomend it, you just had total free rain over what you could do didnt have to go do the missions can go and just explore for ages. realy enjoyed it :) ive got time off starting next week so im looking forward to maybe playing it online when i get back to some decent internet speed

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...