Spartans Home

Elder Scrolls Online

SuperJedi~SPARTA~

• 6 months later...

And I stumbled upon registering, what harm can it bring?

Now you're on the list.

There's always the possibility of some crazed maniac deciding Elder Scrolls is the work of the devil, and then proceeding to hunt down everyone on the registration list. "The Purge", they'd call it.

It's a chance I'm willing to take though. Signed up.

• 5 months later...

Signed up a month or three ago. I got the closed invite on wednesday, they opened the servers for the first time Friday. This is first run at online closed beta.

Some snags on initial opening of the flood gates like getting hung on character creation, then hung at loading character, requiring reroll of character and appearance each time.

They have a NDA and my email is watermarked behind dark/light contrast areas of gameplay otherwise it'd be screenshot city. Watch the videos online from bethesda though, they are really good I literally got chills when I originally watched the character creation video they posted.

My guy is "Jackeroo" (add me when you get in) a Dark Elf Nightblade (stealthy w/bow) w/minor scars on his body and face, I got a chance to get to level 5 before having to get ready for NYC this upcoming week.

!!!!!SPOILER ALERTS!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(highlight with cursor further if you wanna read the naughty bits)

The character creation/overall game play is JUST like Skyrim, you can change anything TONS of hair/skin options and I understand they are adding more.

The story drops you in as "the soulless one" that the main protagonist cant control which makes you valuable (even though there are hundreds of others running around right next to you lol). The blind prophet you free from a prison (how to move look and use shit tutorial) warps you and him out and it puts you in a starting city where you do the usual MMO questing grind finding your way to the blind prophet (warped somewhere else) who will help you achieve the goal of saving humanity. The leveling system again is just like skyrim.

As far as the MMO element its def not skyrim in a sense of *IM GONNA SNIPE THIS FRIGGIN DEER FROM A HALF A MILE AWAY AND AIM 4 FEET IN THE AIR PKEW.................................... SHUNK* Its, "I have to get close enough till they "target glow" and then either click for normal attack or click hold for strong attack that changes as you level the weapon you're using up I can only assume. You have 5 special actions you can do (very D3 of them) along with a radial quick eat/drink menu for potions and foods stuffs. To get new abilities and upgrade the ones you have, level up (duh). The graphics are great for so many people to be running around at the same time, its a little squishy as far as walk animations and switching between firing and blocking, but it IS the first run at beta.
Basically its an Elder Scroll MMO, very pretty, but nothing too too special (that I've seen) yet. Although, fully voiced out missions and Skyrim UI interactions with quests make it MUCH easier not having to read every detail. I can just listen to the story continue.

This should've been included with Skyrim IMO. Wanna get a good experience playing ESO? Play Skyrim... :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that all I wanna say is...

FOR THE HORDE! oops :)

• 2 months later...