Spartans Home

Tac Night (2nd Try!)

EMT~SPARTA~

loved insurgency and playing with the fellas - ive played with many clans before but this one is great - everyone is chilled and works well together so thanks.

re: direct communication ingame - if someone can take a screenshot so i can see their setup and mimic it bcoz i like the direct chat - more realistic. loved ACRE too but fiddly.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get a screenshot up today but it was fairly straight forward and this was first time for me too.

I just went into audio options and put "mike" & "von" up to max. Caps lock is the default push-to-talk key and was working fine for me.

Hopefully I will be on time this week. Tac night can start any time if the numbers are there. Usually, the people turn up around 8-9 pm EST.

As a group we will decide what mission everyone wants to play. Also, Kalxen if you could let us know if we are using the WarMod tonight? If so, could you paste the link to the dl and your post how to install it properly.

thank you

Well I'll probably be around from 20:00 UK time then leave about 22:00 after waiting around for people to turn up. Unfortunately just having the odd one or two is no good really.

I won't get on until 22:00 but will be around for a good few hours if people are about

a new highly recommended add-on - small download.

Fire and Smoke - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7385

Adds a new layer of fire and smoke to the original - the AI cant see through it either.

Also if a vehicle is destroyed near building or in forest then those will also catch fire and get more intense smoke plumes.

Will also burn down (knock over) the trees after a while and the fire will spread through the forest.

And it can burn you too if you're too close. :)

Note: There is a userconfig folder in the download - take the JTD folder which sits in that userconfig folder and drop it into your userconfig folder. it should sit alongside your ACE folders. clear as mud?

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

is this like really graphic intensive?

i assume arma 2 has wind because we have windage in ace when sniping can such a system be attributed to smoke plumes to make them lean in the direction of the wind?

i haven't been able to get on for tac night recently as christmas ramps up im being made work 10 hour shifts up to midnight.

after the new year if the world doesnt end lol i should be around.

Edited by niall

Normally an unknown sighting is a 'Contact' until it is identified and designated as a 'Friendly', 'Opfor' etc.

Even an 'Enemy' is not necessarily a 'Target'.

This highlights the need for unified Comms protocols and explains why accidents can occur when forces from different nations are on combined operations.

As a simple example:

"Contact 327deg heading west" - Something has been spotted at compass heading 327 degrees moving in a westerly direction. As yet it is unidentified.

"Contact 327deg is an enemy foot patrol, heading west" - The 'Contact' has now been 'Identified' as an 'Enemy'. As yet it has not been designated.

"Enemy foot patrol at 327deg is 'Designated' Alpha. The 'Contact' now has a simple 'Designation' to make communications easier but it is still not a 'Target'.

'Alpha' will only become a 'Target' if it is deemed a mission goal, an immediate threat, or an obstacle to be removed in order to proceed.

This is obviously a basic example and only one of many ways of doing this, the trick is to make ONE way the SPARTA way and stick to it.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~