Spartans Home

Tac Night (2nd Try!)

EMT~SPARTA~

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah hell, like I wasn't getting enough spam lol → :thanks:

Might someone point me towards the mins for A2, ACE, CBA, Maps et al on the outside chance I might be able to join the goings on?

Perhaps I could find them on my own but it's been an age so I will resort to begging/pleading.

Cheers for the heads up.

Xross

Go here http://www.playprepared.com/ mate and get @spartaacev1.13.rar should be all you need to play.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

tempteeeeeddddd ehh does anyone know if this interveres with dayz? I play that a lot and it updates arma oa all the time....

dlíng the mod right now, I might ask some buddies (Blade (BPR), Megaz(GSV) and Nelly (GSV)) to join

DayZ is just a mod for Arma, just like ACE, etc. I assume you are using the SixUpdater DayZ launcher, which basically is only updating the DayZ mod in your folder, not Arma itself. You will be fine.. you just don't use that DayZ launcher to play... just the traditional Arma 2 game w/ the Sparta ACE mod instead.

All are welcome. Be good to see yourself, Blade, and the others, been a while.

Do you have Arma2 vanilla, or Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead / or Combined Operations(worth it).

Steam will patch/update itself to the correct level.

I see many of the patches here. Arma vanilla to 1.11, or AO/CO to 1.6.

Just the regular ArmA ll. No Vanilla or Arrow Head.

Not running through Steam so patch it manually

This Friday! Tac Night again! Come join us for some great times and fun moments!

The Mission for this Friday will be Insurgency 1.50 Ace...with maybe a few surprises

The Euros usually start at 3:00 pm EST or 8:00 PM their time.

'Merica will start at 8:00pm EST or join in on any remaining game from earlier.

You will need:

Spartaace V1.13

Optional (recommended):

Blastcore

JSRS 1.4

Spartaace can be found in the downloads section, but the other 2 can be found with a simple google search.

Hope to see everyone there.

-EMT

Sure thing Lightspeed!

It takes place in the city of Zargabad, completely under the control of the local militia group. They are heavily armed and vary in numbers. Intel indicates insurgents are using ammo caches to prolong the battle for Zargabad.

Your mission is to gather intel on possible ammo locations and destroy them.

The city is divided into 100 x 100 meter squares. Red squares mark "Hostile" areas, while "green" squares are considered safe zones (not 100% safe). Once an area is cleared of insurgents, the square will go from red to green, indicating that it is "safe". Insurgents can not take back the square. You must search every building in that area in order for it to change. Insurgents will be hiding in every nook and cranny (roofs, rooms, bushes). There are civilians mixed among the population, so watch your fire!

I.E.D.s are a possibility, so watch where you step.

You must work together in order to accomplish your mission. I say this because ACE wound is on! You will need your medics in order to get you back to 100%. If you get shot, you will bleed. If you don't bandage it up, you will faint. In pain? Get some morphine. Did Kalxen just faint? Give him Epinephrine! So I ask everyone, please stick together. If you faint, you could be laying there for 15 min before you die. Make it a priority to get someone back on their feet. Rally together and get to him.

Always bandage someone in this order:

Bandage until the bleeding stops

Morphine

Epinephrine ( by this time, your friend will be waking up).

Something to note that is different from other nights. We enabled server side voice chat so that teams can communicate more efficiently without clogging the coms. Please use them to talk to your squad. I'll go over this again when we start tonight.

Key notes:

* Avoid civilian casualties

* Find intel (Steel briefcase)

* Find ammo cache

* Destroy ammo cache (could be located in any house)

What is our policy tonight on OPFOR players? Will we have any?

I'd say that if we do, there should be some ground rules.

• Comms - They must not be in channel with other squads at all, and no channel swapping to gloat over a kill.
  • Realism - I'd also request that both sides play as if for keeps. Ie, you are trying not to die (aside from suicide bombers). Making crazy maneuvers driving pickup trucks into people thinking you have unlimited lives should be avoided.

My vote would be to allow 1-2 opfor. But, in the end a vote from the people currently there will determine the final choice.

It will add something to the game and make it overall more fun. But I agree with kal on the "don't act like you have a 1000 lives".

Sure thing Lightspeed!

It takes place in the city of Zargabad, completely under the control of the local militia group. They are heavily armed and vary in numbers. Intel indicates insurgents are using ammo caches to prolong the battle for Zargabad.

Your mission is to gather intel on possible ammo locations and destroy them.

The city is divided into 100 x 100 meter squares. Red squares mark "Hostile" areas, while "green" squares are considered safe zones (not 100% safe). Once an area is cleared of insurgents, the square will go from red to green, indicating that it is "safe". Insurgents can not take back the square. You must search every building in that area in order for it to change. Insurgents will be hiding in every nook and cranny (roofs, rooms, bushes). There are civilians mixed among the population, so watch your fire!

I.E.D.s are a possibility, so watch where you step.

You must work together in order to accomplish your mission. I say this because ACE wound is on! You will need your medics in order to get you back to 100%. If you get shot, you will bleed. If you don't bandage it up, you will faint. In pain? Get some morphine. Did Kalxen just faint? Give him Epinephrine! So I ask everyone, please stick together. If you faint, you could be laying there for 15 min before you die. Make it a priority to get someone back on their feet. Rally together and get to him.

Always bandage someone in this order:

Bandage until the bleeding stops

Morphine

Epinephrine ( by this time, your friend will be waking up).

Something to note that is different from other nights. We enabled server side voice chat so that teams can communicate more efficiently without clogging the coms. Please use them to talk to your squad. I'll go over this again when we start tonight.

Key notes:

* Avoid civilian casualties

* Find intel (Steel briefcase)

* Find ammo cache

* Destroy ammo cache (could be located in any house)

CRAP now that my internet is on low (6kb/sec) u guys wanne play insurgency ... shiatt

(and u want to get opfor going and ace wounds wish u luck for now..)

sooooon