Spartans Home

Hurricane Sandy

KalXen~SPARTA~

Currently located on the shore of Lake Ontario at the Nuclear Plant awaiting the arrival of the winds. The rain isn't supposed to impact us much, but the change off normal wind direction is looking to significantly impact power and trees. The trees are rooted for a SW prevailing wind and we're currently experience NE. We're refueling the plant at the moment with trailers all over the place, which will be interesting tonight for sure. Winds are supposed to be 45-55 sustained with gusts up to 65 and waves up to 21 feet. Ill snap some pictures in the morning of what we're seeing here.

My dad is currently at the NY emergency center in Albany coordinating efforts. I'll be sure to update as I get the information.

Been fairly mild down near Richmond so far. Just a regular light shower for us, but there has been some flooding on the coast. Apparently NYC and NJ are getting some bad flooding as well, but hopefully it won't be but so bad. Not all that windy down here, but we're right on the outer edge of it. Time will tell how the more northern states fair.

made in china trees i have never seen a tree crack if that was me id be tryin mysself to the heaviest kitchen appliances screamin the trees are gone. not recording the action through a double glazed pane of glass. :help:

Yeah I was a little worried because the winds starting picking up a bit around midnight, but come morning all our trees were still standing.

People weren't so lucky up in Jersey: http://www.liveleak....=528_1351587184

lol "reporting live to you from the apocolypse"

"I hate to be 'that guy' but show me the video"