Spartans Home

Dishonored

MH6~SPARTA~

Picked this up last night, it's pretty damn fun. Reminiscent of the old Thief series, Dishonored is a game where you play an assassin in steampunk-esque world where everything is driven by whales/whale oil (whalepunk, as others have referred to it). It has some elements similar to Bioshock and Assassin's Creed as well. It also somewhat reminds me of the Hitman series. You have your main assassin blade, but you can also carry a variety of secondary weapons or use your left hand to control your various magical powers: blinking (teleporting), possession (of animals and people), x-ray vision, bullet time, devouring swarm (control a large group of ravenous rats), wind blast (force push), etc.

You can do each mission a variety of ways, be it pure stealth such as sneaking through the sewers/rooftops, brute force, hacking, using your possession abilities, etc. You can accomplish each mission without killing a soul or you can kill every living thing you see, including the rats.

Graphically, the game looks amazing. It is very stylized, and the style works well for it.

I picked it up on a whim, and am glad I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HlYTukh9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn7BSmoPtK4

Picked this up last night, it's pretty damn fun. Reminiscent of the old Thief series, Dishonored is a game where you play an assassin in steampunk-esque world where everything is driven by whales/whale oil (whalepunk, as others have referred to it). It has some elements similar to Bioshock and Assassin's Creed as well. It also somewhat reminds me of the Hitman series. You have your main assassin blade, but you can also carry a variety of secondary weapons or use your left hand to control your various magical powers: blinking (teleporting), possession (of animals and people), x-ray vision, bullet time, devouring swarm (control a large group of ravenous rats), wind blast (force push), etc.

You can do each mission a variety of ways, be it pure stealth such as sneaking through the sewers/rooftops, brute force, hacking, using your possession abilities, etc. You can accomplish each mission without killing a soul or you can kill every living thing you see, including the rats

so its theif, machinarium, assassian's creed, bioshock, hitman codename 47, starwars jedi academy, aliens vs predator, max payne, the elder scrolls and deus ex all in a dwemer style setting. (gasps for breath) is there any game that it doesnt have in it? must have taken years to design. i have heard a few people talkin about it along with assassins creed and resident evil. might get it this month meself.