Spartans Home

The New Simcity

Raven_2012

Thats the price they ask from dudes in their mid 40s that have been waiting for a decade....we all know EA :) it is how they sell the games and they will sell millions of copies.....and you cant really blame them; look at all the other companies that made games during the 90s...im sure at least 90% of them died a decade ago.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly off topic but this reminded me of a demo of a game i played years ago. the game was called enemy nations and had the most detailed buildings hi graphics for a game that was released in 1996.

the sad thing is this was one of those games that had an eta to market pending status. it never came out. the game was finished and winward studios went bust or got bought out. it's billed the best game you never played.

enemy nations is now freeware

it's described as C&C meets simcity. you start the game with a coloney ship and look around the land for the best place to land and set up a home. oil, coal, wood, iron and level ground are ideal.

then you get an excavator for construction and a transport truck for ferrying goods between industrial processes. then build roads to make transport go faster, build homes businesses, a factory for vehicles and war machines need to make a steel mill and the steel mill needs coal and iron bought to it regularly. frequent attacks occour with neibhouring races.

http://www.enemynations.com/

• 1 month later...

Went Christmas shopping at the local department store today (target) and saw the new Sim City stocked in rows on the shelf. I thought "funny, I didn't know it had come out yet" and discovered that they were "placeholders" or something like that, and they were $0.99! They were charging a Buck for the placeholder. I don't even think it was a pre-order either or it would've been full price. Some granny is going to buy this .99 gift for a kid this Christmas and she's gonna get beat over the head. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI - A few of us have started a game on the Europe East 1 server. Land name is "Sparta East". MH6, myself, and Yankee are on it for now, and we have many city plots still available. It is invite only, so let me know and we'll get you on Origin friends list and send invite.

FYI - A few of us have started a game on the Europe East 1 server. Land name is "Sparta East". MH6, myself, and Yankee are on it for now, and we have many city plots still available. It is invite only, so let me know and we'll get you on Origin friends list and send invite.

Besides the plague of server errors, I've actually quite enjoyed playing this game.

Hey Kal, I just grabbed the game and I am installing it now. My origins account name is: Raven_Hunter1978

Hopefully you have better luck getting into their game than I'm having raven. 2 days now and still haven't been able to get in :(

North American servers are up, but they are doing maintenance on them today, so I every time I play I get kicked out of game because server goes down.

I got a game going also on Europe West 3, I think it's called Raven_2012. I have to send invite to any friends who want to play. So if Europe East 1 is full, and no one can get in there. Better to have a few games spread out.

I got a game going also on Europe West 3, I think it's called Raven_2012. I have to send invite to any friends who want to play. So if Europe East 1 is full, and no one can get in there. Better to have a few games spread out.

me too the coincidence europa west 3 il look for you

look for me 3eb3e

Edited by EBE

me too the coincidence europa west 3 il look for you

look for me 3eb3e

Alright ebe! Let's do this. Crazy we were on same server, I looked for you but you have different name.

I sent you a request, when your on send me a request to play and I will make a city in your region.

Edited by Raven_2012