Spartans Home

The Greatest Movie Score of All Time

So we're seeing the beginnings of Fall here and I'm breaking out my old movie scores I love to listen to on quiet days. It's been raining, and there's mist in the mountains, so I'm going with the Braveheart soundtrack today. Tomorrow it will dry up a bit and I'll probably listen to the Patriot or Last of The Mohicans. But, later, when the leaves really start to change, and I head up into the forrests and mountains to hike, I pop in my Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves soundtrack, which I think is probably the best movie score of all time. B)

What do you think is the best score of all time?

I've always enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean movies for their music. But, I'm also biased for them since I got to play a compilation at a concert a few years ago. Much fun was to be had while playing it live.

Then there's all the Japanese Animation that I've been hooked on recently, and a lot of that has very well done soundtracks.

Not a huge movie score fan but always enjoyed Apocalypse Now.

nice !

just some thoughts ..

Requiem for a dream

The fourth kind

Apollo.13

forrest gump

Godfather(S) I II III

TERMINATOR

PREDATOR

STALINGRAD 1993

UNFORGIVEN

V for vendetta

RAMBO I

list goes on and on

seems like any score i like to listen to is composed by Hans Zimmer, just look at his list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Zimmer_discography Blackhawk Down, new batman films, POTC Gladiator etc . Philip Glass does some nice stuff to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Philip_Glass

I was surprised Zimmer did The Dark Knight. I loved the score, but thought it was somebody else. It takes someone extreemly talented not only to create scores for new movies, but do 3-4 per year that are memorable. I still think Michael Kamen (relatively unknown) did the best work with Robin Hood. I got to hear the score once played by an orchestra, and it was breathtaking. I'm a sucker for strings and horns :lol: