Spartans Home

Desert Siege in Arma2 Beta Testers required

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

is there room for one more or are you full up?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the beta testing was a great success - we found a few bugs!

and couldn't actually play the missions. :)

i will work on those this week in preparation for next weekend.

we did in the meantime have a crack at Podagorsk mission 1 and while we got our asses handed to us first go, second attempt we completed all objectives, however, we failed to make the extraction as some well-placed patrols picked the team off. but im still marking it as a win :)

it was evident that most of us are pretty rusty but as we progressed we seemed to find our feet...should only improve with time.

we have all agreed that we should make this a regular event so same time next week and will have 2-4 hours of coop gaming.

my desert siege missions should be sorted by then with possibly a 3rd one ready by then too.

well the beta testing was a great success - we found a few bugs!

and couldn't actually play the missions. :)

i will work on those this week in preparation for next weekend.

we did in the meantime have a crack at Podagorsk mission 1 and while we got our asses handed to us first go, second attempt we completed all objectives, however, we failed to make the extraction as some well-placed patrols picked the team off. but im still marking it as a win :)

it was evident that most of us are pretty rusty but as we progressed we seemed to find our feet...should only improve with time.

we have all agreed that we should make this a regular event so same time next week and will have 2-4 hours of coop gaming.

my desert siege missions should be sorted by then with possibly a 3rd one ready by then too.

GOOD times ( and lighty was so protective )

Edited by EBE

Can't believe it took so long for us to get back to playing Arma again.

Enjoyed last night, Podagorsk was a welcome alternative afer the earlier problems and I thought we did pretty good for a rusty bunch of has-beens :thumbsup_anim:

When I dropped out it seems as if my Arma took a nose dive, I had a Windows error message when it went to desktop and no matter what I did (short of a reboot) would get Arma back up again. Seems okay this morning, so I should be good for the next session but I'm starting to worry about my rig, as it needed me to do a safe restore on Friday night to get it to work. That's the second straight weekend it's done that with no activity in between????

ill be there for the saturday night game and ill try for the friday wanna see how that desert seige pans out. :thumbsup:

ive been beta testing norrins revive the last 2 hours trying to resolve a couple of things.

one sorted - when last revive was used by player, an AI unit would spawn in there place and just walk around. That doesn't happen anymore.

second is to get the classname right for medic for t786 unit - think im close to resolving.

ive been beta testing norrins revive the last 2 hours trying to resolve a couple of things.

one sorted - when last revive was used by player, an AI unit would spawn in there place and just walk around. That doesn't happen anymore.

second is to get the classname right for medic for t786 unit - think im close to resolving.

sweet

happy to report that we have cracked the medic chestnut - all is working as intended.

one question remains though - do you only give medic revive? what if the medic goes down? should TL have one there for the purpose of getting the medic back up or tuff shit, carry on without him and dont get shot again.

thoughts?

i will be on tomorrow to test the DS missions and do some Podagorsk if time permits.

hope to see a bunch of you on then.

il do me best lighty

It certainly was fun getting to do a lot of TKing today. banana_dance.gif

As far as the revives go, can you setup different amounts of revives for different characters? In that case, I'd say give the TL at least one revive. If the squad doesn't learn to take better care of their medic after one revive, then they don't deserve to revive him again. ^^

happy to report that we have cracked the medic chestnut - all is working as intended.

one question remains though - do you only give medic revive? what if the medic goes down? should TL have one there for the purpose of getting the medic back up or tuff shit, carry on without him and dont get shot again.

thoughts?

I'd prefer medic only revives but if the consensus is +1 for the TL, I'm happy with that.

thanx to Niall for testing on Podagorsk - all missions updated to 3.1 and we have tried a couple of the missions in Pod - they are great fun and very intense. Hope to attempt one of those tomorrow.

have decided to give the Squad Leader one sacred Revive just to get the Medic or whoever he chooses to. logic behind this is that irl these special forces would have some medical ability so would probably be able to do more then just watch his mate lie there. so they get one revive.

medic has 7 or 8 plus bandages.

in Desert Siege the characters all have the ability to apply bandages (part of the character traits) but only medic and squad leader have ability to revive.

If you only have 1 Medic slot then i would allow everyone the ability to heal, after all, even a lowly infantryman can provide badic first aid.

But only the medic should be able to revive.

If you want to talk about realism, then the majority of Soldiers go through a "Combat Life Saver" course. It's an annual training that over the years has shifted what all they teach. First time I took it back in 2007, we did IV's, tourniquets, open chest wounds, nose tubes, pressure bandages, fractured bone stabilization, CPR, and needle-chest decompression. Last week doing my re-certification, they mainly focus on tourniquets, open chest wounds, nose tubes, pressure bandages, and needle-chest decompression now.

I don't know how those skills would translate to a video game and "reviving" teammates, but that's my two cents for you.

- JHunter

Well, if you want to talk realism, then anyone getting shot will be evacuated. The soldiers can apply bandages or a C.A.T but that's about it, while the medic does the trauma-treatment.

Therefore, I like the way it is now with the latest, where soldiers can heal themselves, but the medic does the reviving. Depending on how hardcore you want it, I think one revive for the TL so that you at least get one chance of bringing the medic back is a good idea.

Hopefully I've got enough coffee to keep me going long enough to play a bit with you, Lightspeed. I'll be on earlier too, if anyone else wants to give his new missions a go without him.

Edited by Shinobi_EBDA