Spartans Home

iphone 5

NoScream~SPARTA~

I had an IPhone 3G.

On the plus side I thought the build quality for the hardware was wonderful and Apple support was second to none.

The issue that had trouble with, and the reason I "retired" my IPhone is that I would destroy the OS and have to reimage the phone in 5 to 7 days of heavy use. I replaced 3 Iphones under warrenty for this. Not acceptable when you travel for a living.

The IPhone 4 had a seroius design flaw that affected reception but the OS is a true smart phone quality OS. I passed and got a Evo 4G... I have not been disappointed.

I am not planning to upgrade anytime soon but I would love to give apple another shot. maybe in 6months to 1 year.

china are supposed to be building a proper phone called the m2 that is supposed to put them on the map.

ill wait till its out and have a look. ive bought a couple of absoulute knock off chinese phones in the past that were absoulute horseshite looked like someone tried to make an os in their spare time as a pet project.

but this one is sounding like the real deal.

http://www.chinaphonereview.com/xiaoxiaomi-m2-one-plus

i would hold off the iphone and see what comes out in the next 6 months.

in other news the chinese have managed to already rip off the iphone 5

see thunderbird 5/ goophone

runs ice cream sandwich

cracks me up when they say it doesn't infringe in copyright because of the changes.

the thing looks the exact same to the untrained eye

i never understood how apple sued samsung when samsung created the screens that apple uses.

samsung are the forefront of display technology.

Edited by niall

The gooPhone - apparently Apple did a bad job of security. Many leaks were involved, including some handling of the iPhone 5 mockups. They produced a phone with all the same specs as the iPhone 5, and then even went and patented it in China before iphone did. I'm sure there will be some legal fight about it though, because anyone with an internet connection can read about how it was stolen tech (excep for the Chinese who probably can't read about it)

The gooPhone - apparently Apple did a bad job of security. Many leaks were involved, including some handling of the iPhone 5 mockups. They produced a phone with all the same specs as the iPhone 5, and then even went and patented it in China before iphone did. I'm sure there will be some legal fight about it though, because anyone with an internet connection can read about how it was stolen tech (excep for the Chinese who probably can't read about it)

Referances?

I am not doubting you just want to read the artical...

That said with all the copyright issues that come from china why dont people STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM? Just askin.

Nial, thx for sharing that GooPhone thing !! I was laughing my ass off !!! .. that is great!!

I mean, I am a declared hater of Apple products, however I am not cheering about this clear stealing action, BUT I have to say that this is freaking hilarious!!

All that shit with Samsung and then here it is a PATENTED clone of their fucking crap... man.. there is no limit to what Chinese can do :) lolol..