Spartans Home

Survival Night?

Pringle~SPARTA~

I'm writing this as I explain it to you in TS, but here goes anyway...

Basically, it's vanilla, hardcore minecraft. No Bukkit, no mods, no creative. We tend to work as a team to create a home and gather resources. "The Goal" tends to vary, but has been such things as "Get to the Nether", "Get to the End", "Defeat the Dragon", "Find a Stronghold", etc.

BTW.. hardcore means, you die, you're banned for some period of time (right, guys?).

The most fun to me is when we play Survival Island. Essentially a small island in the middle of a vast ocean that you must stay on to meet a goal. That island will have severely limited resources (1 patch of grass, 1 tree, mostly sand/gravel, etc) and if ANYONE dies, game is over. We've played it where the group has a pool of 5 lives, or each person has only 1 extra life. But whats essential is that you play together, pool resources, and stay alive. Monsters become so much more lethal, falling and taking a few hearts can weight heavily, not having someone focused on food early can lead to starvation, etc. The banned for X time was only doable when we had a Bukkit module that could handle it, unless vanilla now has this as a setting. I have made a dozen or so islands for us to play on.. some of them a traditional island, others being literally chunks of land in mid-air with nothing below but death.

I'd be up for playing sometime, but still enjoying GW2.

The most fun to me is when we play Survival Island. Essentially a small island in the middle of a vast ocean that you must stay on to meet a goal. That island will have severely limited resources (1 patch of grass, 1 tree, mostly sand/gravel, etc) and if ANYONE dies, game is over. We've played it where the group has a pool of 5 lives, or each person has only 1 extra life. But whats essential is that you play together, pool resources, and stay alive. Monsters become so much more lethal, falling and taking a few hearts can weight heavily, not having someone focused on food early can lead to starvation, etc. The banned for X time was only doable when we had a Bukkit module that could handle it, unless vanilla now has this as a setting. I have made a dozen or so islands for us to play on.. some of them a traditional island, others being literally chunks of land in mid-air with nothing below but death.

I'd be up for playing sometime, but still enjoying GW2.

I'd forgotten about that scenario, actually. Seems to be decent balance between "game over in 2 minutes" and "on and on it goes". But, vanilla hardcore in multiplayer does ban you upon death: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Hardcore_(game_mode)#Multiplayer. it seems to be permanent, but the Op could remove the ban after a set period. But, ending the game on death by anyone puts more importance on teamwork.

I'd forgotten about that scenario, actually. Seems to be decent balance between "game over in 2 minutes" and "on and on it goes". But, vanilla hardcore in multiplayer does ban you upon death: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Hardcore_(game_mode)#Multiplayer. it seems to be permanent, but the Op could remove the ban after a set period. But, ending the game on death by anyone puts more importance on teamwork.

Also to add to the difficulty one could add large biomes.

This setting as well as hardcore is very challenging.