Spartans Home

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

Rolf

one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind

Great man but humans never walked on the moon.

Total bollox

The clever Astronauts left behind some retroreflectors at their landing sites. Get a decent laser, Q-switch the bugger so you can use it for rangefinding and send a pulse train up to the moon. Record the signal that is reflected by the retroreflectors and you have just one bit of conclusive proof that Neil, Buzz and others took a few small steps on the moon.

Edited by Rolf

Great man but humans never walked on the moon.

Total bollox

i know how u feel , U HAVE QUESTIONS ??

but give us a bone wil ya ..

And Buzz packes a mean punch , whaam

Edited by EBE

The clever Astronauts left behind some retroreflectors at their landing sites. Get a decent laser, Q-switch the bugger so you can use it for rangefinding and send a pulse train up to the moon. Record the signal that is reflected by the retroreflectors and you have just one bit of conclusive proof that Neil, Buzz and others took a few small steps on the moon.

That there is something manmade on the moon - I can accept.

That 3 guys got in a rocket, travelled 200,000+ km, disembarked from main ship in a smaller ship, landed on the moon, walked around, placed reflectors, got back in small ship, flew back to big ship, then flew 200,000+ km back to Earth and landed safely...in the 1960's.

No way can I accept that...ever.

And I'm not a conspiracy theorist...I'm just using my intelligence and deciding whether we humans, American or other, could have done it with the technology we had back then or now. And I just don't see it sorry.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

They most certainly walked on the moon. I watched it live and it could not have been staged. The absolute best special effects that we have NOW are not as realistic as what those images, even in black and white, were then. Also, I spent nearly 13 years in the Air Force working on technology some of which was used in the moon missions. I have been to Cape Canaveral, I have seen the launch sites. I know people who eye witnessed the astronauts walk the gantry to the capsule in a rocket that was later launched into orbit as they continued to watch the whole thing through high powered binoculars. The gantry wasn't made in any way where you could secretly pass the astronauts back in some passageway. I know some of these same people who tracked the modules as they orbited over Florida and some who watched as it passed by Oklahoma. After it left orbit and began it's travel to the moon, those same folks, some now deceased, but related to me, watched the module as it tracked toward the moon. It is conclusive proof that we put men in a capsule/command module atop a rocket, launched it into orbit and sent it to the moon. Now, if they went through all that and couldn't land it on the moon, that logic doesn't track well with me. Also, that was the first mission. Many other missions followed. I also am familiar with at least one person (an uncle) who was in the navy and helped fish out the astronauts after watching them splash down.

Do you not think that we put any astronauts in orbit in the 1960's?

You seem to accept that we landed objects on the moon back then. If we can put a man in orbit in a capsule, albeit dangerous as hell (see Apollo 13 mission problems), it isn't that much more to synchronize an orbital sling shot to the moon. It's just physics, a small boost from the right orbit, and a few days time. If we were able to land objects on the moon without them being smashed to pieces, then we could land men in a capsule after a sling shot to the moon.

Feel free to believe what you want. I won't think you a conspiracy theorist. However, such a belief as you've espoused above doesn't match reality, so my logical conclusion is that you would rather believe fiction than face logical facts and truth.

That there is something manmade on the moon - I can accept.

That 3 guys got in a rocket, travelled 200,000+ km, disembarked from main ship in a smaller ship, landed on the moon, walked around, placed reflectors, got back in small ship, flew back to big ship, then flew 200,000+ km back to Earth and landed safely...in the 1960's.

No way can I accept that...ever.

And I'm not a conspiracy theorist...I'm just using my intelligence and deciding whether we humans, American or other, could have done it with the technology we had back then or now. And I just don't see it sorry.

Don't worry mate, I can't picture you as one of those tinfoil wearing chaps! I think you're definitely right in your position where you want to question events recorded years ago; we should always question and challenge what we are told and what we hear and see (and smell etc.). When it comes to the moon landings, there are people who question whether mankind could have accomplished such awesomeness during the 60s. If you look at technology back then however, you have some incredibly complicated systems being in service (Nuclear subs, satellites etc) and you have incredible advancements in the field of science (look at the progress of the laser and semiconductors for example). Couple these things with the fact that a lot of the theoretical work of getting things to the moon and back had been done in advance by some very intelligent people means that the possibilty of getting a human on the moon back then is not unreasonable.

Another point to make (less rigorously though) is that the Soviets never denied the moon landings or claimed that it was a hoax. It's reasonably fair to reason that they must have had evidence of the moon landings which convinced them sufficiently.

the sky is pitchblack WHAT ?

Earth looks small ; its 3 times bigger HUH ?

its all in the micro expressions (sorry)

does not mean we havent been there ....(since)

rspct for neil and crew , they let u down !

Edited by EBE