Spartans Home

TIME CODES & ISK - is NOT AGAINST THE RULES

NoScream~SPARTA~

TIME CODES & ISK - BUYING ISK is NOT AGAINST THE RULES

EVE Time Code Exchange F.A.Q.

What is the Secure Time Code Exchange?

The Secure Time Code Exchange (STCE) is a secure method of selling your EVE code for ISK. It works by allowing you to submit your code and price through a secured system that prevents duplicate codes from being sold and prevents ISK form being withheld by a buyer.

How do I get to the STCE?

Just login to your account at www.eve-online.com. You can find a "Securely Sell Eve Time Code" link located under Account Services.

How does the STCE work?

The STCE is a secure method for completing your timecode transaction. Those already familiar with negotiating for code-to-ISK trades online won't need to change a thing. You negotiate your trade though familiar methods: forums, in-game, chat channels, etc. Once you've found a buyer for your code, you log into the STCE. Once there, you select the in-game account you're "selling from" and enter the name of the character you're selling to, the code you're selling, and the ISK amount you're selling the code for. The web server validates that the code is legitimate and notifies the buyer through evemail. The buyer then logs into his or her account management page and accepts the purchase. Once the transaction has been accepted, the game transfers the ISK to you and the code to the buyer. The buyer has 48 hours to approve the order. After that time, the order is automatically declined and the code is returned to you.

Where can I get an EVE time code to trade for ISK?

You can buy EVE codes here. This is a great site that has the lowest EVE code price on the market. They also sell a wide variety of other game time codes.

What makes this a safer method of selling EVE GTCs?

This method guarantees that the buyer will never buy an invalid code and that the seller will never accidentally sell a code twice. It also ensures that the seller is paid for their code.

What if I accidentally sell a code twice?

Using this system, you can't accidentally sell a code twice. The website checks to see if the code is valid and if it's been used before. If it has, the sale offer won't be sent to the buyer and you will be informed that your code is invalid. This also helps if you were typing the code by hand and made a mistyping.

How long is my offer active?

The buyer will be able to accept your offer for up to 48 hours from when you posted the offer. After this time, the offer will be cancelled and you can then sell the code to someone else.

What if the buyer doesn't have enough ISK?

If the buyer doesn't have enough ISK, they simply cannot complete the transaction. After the 48 hours is up, the order will be cancelled as normal. If the buyer is able to raise the funds during that time, they can complete the transaction on the website.

How do I know if the code sold?

Your in-game wallet will be fatter. The ISK should be transferred instantly as soon as the buyer finishes the transaction.

What if I didn't get my ISK?

If your code sold but you no ISK appeared in your wallet, you can contact an EVE Game Master and they will investigate your case as soon as possible. If they confirm you sold a code but didn't get paid, you will be reimbursed.

What if I traded a code through email didn't get my ISK?

Sorry about that but there's nothing the folks at CCP can do for you. They have no method of verifying the details of your transaction so you will be out an EVE code. The STCE is the official method for this sort of trade and you should avoid alternate forms of trade. If you have a buyer who claims they can't use this method, you should be very suspicious of their intentions. As far as your lost code goes, you might be able to prevent some loss by applying the code right away to your own account.

As with any form of selling online, you assume the risk of being cheated. The STCE greatly reduces your risk and you can further minimize your risk by knowing your market. Before selling, make sure to look through both forums to get an idea of what the going exchange rate between Isk and game codes are. Also, spend some time in the EVE Online Marketplace Discussion to understand the accepted process for trading.

So lets break this down. You can buy isk on the web for x amount of real world money and you can buy a time code in RL and sell it in game for x amount of isk.

What are the going prices for the time codes in game?

Would it be lucrative to set up a brand new account with some dummy information at say a friends house who doesn't even know about EVE or better yet, doesn't care about EVE. Use his name and address to set the account up (with permission of course).

Go online and buy a ton of ISK with real money and then go in game and buy the codes from people with that ISK?

Would the purchase price of the ISK correlate to the purchase price of a time code?

Would we be able to save REAL money this way?

The only way to know is to see what these time cards are going for in ISK and in real money. If we made the comparison and it was lucrative, we just might have a new business or atleast a new way to buy EVE online codes.

Viiiper, where did you make your purchase?

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~