Spartans Home

I have an Idea

EMT~SPARTA~

Arma 2 just came out with a DLC pack dealing with the CHec Republic. In this DLC there are new maps called "cut-outs" that I see some potiental in for some interesting gaming. Mostly interested in the Chenerus map.

Idea: A full Co-op War style game. No more AO's and the repetitive nature they bring.

Details: The Cut-outs are small yet large enough to have a war on. Missions will not be pre-made. If a group of people want to capture a town or hill and hold it, that is the mission. Each side will have access to the same items (tanks, bmps, hummers, etc.) and will battle the AI in a continuous war.

If no one is interested in the idea, I will still work on the it. I see potential with this. This needs to be a public server and it needs to be big. 50 players.

This is the second time i've had to write this, due to the fact my computer logged me out when I hit submit> So if you want more details, just ask. I have everything planned out> Alays open to y'alls idea and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to describe it: Scenario Paintball. If yall have played this before, you will know what I mean.

arma2oa_2012_07_13_23sejki.jpg

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

Thoughts:

• You mentioned "each side" battling AI.. Is this Red v Blue? or Is this Players vs AI? Can't picture exactly what you mean here, because paintball doesn't have an AI in the middle.
  • Sounds kinda like Warfare, also sounds like King of the Hill. But I may not be getting what you are thinking.
  • A 50 player server alone in Arma = quite a bit of a headache. Perhaps the cutouts will make the server memory tax less and allow more units to be handled.

I know you spoke with me a little bit about this last night. I wouldn't mind helping you out in realizing your vision, granted I am not to the level of lightspeed and smoke but I know my way around an editor and scripts so maybe I can get you started.

Arma 2 just came out with a DLC pack dealing with the CHec Republic. In this DLC there are new maps called "cut-outs" that I see some potiental in for some interesting gaming. Mostly interested in the Chenerus map.

Idea: A full Co-op War style game. No more AO's and the repetitive nature they bring.

Details: The Cut-outs are small yet large enough to have a war on. Missions will not be pre-made. If a group of people want to capture a town or hill and hold it, that is the mission. Each side will have access to the same items (tanks, bmps, hummers, etc.) and will battle the AI in a continuous war.

If no one is interested in the idea, I will still work on the it. I see potential with this. This needs to be a public server and it needs to be big. 50 players.

This is the second time i've had to write this, due to the fact my computer logged me out when I hit submit> So if you want more details, just ask. I have everything planned out> Alays open to y'alls idea and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to describe it: Scenario Paintball. If yall have played this before, you will know what I mean.

arma2oa_2012_07_13_23sejki.jpg

sounds NEW ,

did u guys try out the WAsteland thingy , some ideas there??

(and why is the editor in german )

Edited by EBE

sounds NEW ,

did u guys try out the WAsteland thingy , some ideas there??

(and why is the editor in german )

If I can wrap my head around the spawn scripts and such for Wasteland I think it could be put to great use in something like this, such as finding a crashed helo with ammo or an ambushed convoy with AT4's around it to combat armor maybe even utilize the food and water system of DayZ to force you to hunt for water and MRE's while your assaulting the objective if you take too long.