Spartans Home

DCS World

AJsarge

1:

Is there anyone here besides me who regularly plays any of the series? I'm still working on mastering at least one aircraft before I try and take it online (or I need to find a clan who's willing to let me fly on a training sortie with them). I can reliably fly the A-10C, but using any of the weapons is a very slow process still. The P-51D is fun and simple to manage versus the A-10's systems, but getting it off the ground takes a bit of practice, and landing without ILS and with the tail wheel requires some finesse. I still have yet to fly the SU-25, and I didn't get very far on the KA-50.

2:

Has anyone else upgraded to DCS World from the standalone A-10C or Blackshark 1/2? I just did a few days ago, and it's nice to have everything centralized. I also ended up splurging for the P-51D and Combined Arms while I was at it. I still need to install Blackshark 1 and buy the upgrade to BS2 before I can play with that.

Saying that, DCS:W is a bit of an unfinished product (and has products on it that are also unfinished) and thus is prone to a few bugs. I had a graphical/sound glitch where my graphics drivers would restart every five minutes until I turned off MSSAA. Plus, (though it has a work-around) the voice files for the tutorials are missing to you have to pay attention to the text while still paying attention to the plane.

3:

Now that there's more than just Blackshark 1/2 out, is the title of this sub-forum going to be changed to cover all of the DCS series instead of just the one game?

Well, I downloaded DCS:W, but I didn t installed it yet.

I have a major concern with this series. I do love flight Sims BUT I do not like the aircraft they decided to model.

I do not like the A10

I do not like the SU25

I do not like the KA50

I was flying Flaming Cliffs2 and I am on F15 usually. I do not like the russian birds.

Unfortunately they have no plan to implement any Air Superiority aircraft, they didnt patch FC2 to get compatible with DCS:W, therefore I have to stay out of this.

Too bad..