Spartans Home

Trade?

So, it's like this. Life just took a big swing upwards. Just found out my company is promoting me to corporate loss prevention in charge of our new take over (We were bought by a little company called Exelon...). So, my life is about to become very mobile. I have an older desktop pc that I'm looking to hopefully trade for a laptop or sell pretty cheaply.

Details:

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (2 years old)

4 gigs ram

Core 2 Quad Q6600 (1 year old - warranty replace)

500W power supply (thermaltake) - (4 years, original)

465 gig drive (original)

A case that looks like a transformer (see picture) (original)

wp8i0.jpg

I haven't really had any issues with it. Still going strong and playing games at decent settings (certainly not ultra). Surprisingly not many compatibility issues with games, ever.

In the rare chance someone is interested, shoot me a message. Otherwise its going on ebay for nothing next week. I'm looking for a laptop that can do normal stuff (not gaming).

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can t help you with that mate, but i was thinking... why u wanna go for a laptop when actually a good 10" tablet can do everything a laptop would do, costs less and give you more mobility?

I got an Asus tf300 transformer, Android 4 ICS, quadcore and Nvidia tegra 3with 32GB onboard expandible with SD card for barely 400 bucks.

It comes with an office software emulator but you can get a better one if you really need just for few bucks (i did it).

I actually think this puppy does everything i would do on a laptop with way more mobility. It also has a separately sold accessory keyboard dock which trnsform it in a laptop with up to 14 hrs battery life. I do not have it but reviewes of it are very good

I m not meaning you have to get "this" model, but you could look at the tablet market before jumping on the bulkier laptop stuff.

Even if he doesn't want to game, you won't be doing much more than browsing the web on a tablet. Sure, they have apps for word processing and the like, but they're shitty in comparison to a full fledged desktop suite you can find on your laptop. If you want to be productive at all, get an actual laptop.

YE Yankee..

However, I think actually last generation tables are a bit underestimated.

Once again, depending what you have to do with your laptop, but when you have a quadcore CPU and a strong GPU and enough RAM, your device is able to do a lot of stuff, doesn t matter if you call it Laptop, Notebook, Netbook or Tablet.

Check this video out just to take a look at how on this tablet the experience on an "Office" environment is not that bad

Remember, the ASUS TF300 come with that software on board. It workks but there is another one I got on Amazon Store, Office Suite Professional 6 which is way more "professional". I got it for free during a sale but it costs $14, still effordable if you really need it.

Also the TF300 Keyboard dock is an accessory, actually at $128 on Amazon. I do not have it. I might use the Christams "bonus" with my g/f to get it as a gift :)

With the spacious keyboard in landscape I didn t feel any need to get the keyboard extension to use the pad, and i like it "light" for mobility.

So, bottom line the choice is yours: $400 for Asus TF300 + (optional) Keyb Dock with extended battery up to 14 hours $128 = $528

OR

X brand laptop.. similar price, bulkier, shorter battery life, less mobility, almost same features.

:)