Spartans Home

London 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.flabber.n...hilarisch-12119

whoa i didnt think the hardy bucks got out that far. do you's across the water have any irish programmes over there?

is forrester irish?

Edited by niall

Jessie J is my new, Get it GIRL

Was that the lass who ruined the Queen tune? She was getting some nasty flak from my girlfriend as we were watching it!

I loved seeing Eric Idle performing and I thought Muse did a good job too but I really wished they had Iron Maiden and the Proclaimers playing! B)

http://www.flabber.n...hilarisch-12119

whoa i didnt think the hardy bucks got out that far. do you's across the water have any irish programmes over there?

is forrester irish?

Nah,it was posted on that website by an Irishman.......i think Forrester is dutch isnt he?

Hell no^^ London was much "better" for freaking half the $$ spent in Peking,the only thing that was fucked up was the ticket bullshit....but thats IOC crap always selling somany tickets to sponsors and companies.

Congrats to London for a successful Games. :United_Kingdom: Everything concerning the events went awesome and I can't remember any hiccups or logistics errors happening at all. The Opening/Closing ceremonies I didn't care for, but I thought the lighting of the torch was a great idea in its symbolism. London, probably one of the best hosts for the Summer Games in years. *toasts*

Trying to find any video of the closing ceremony is hard as it's copyright & being stripped from YT.

Watching it in HD with the sound up was amazing.

No YT will do it justice.

2.5 Hours long, the best bit was 1 hour in to the end.

The 80,000 seater stadium was quad colour L.E.D. lit, a virtual display.

ol_1.png

ol_3.jpg

ol_2.png

Here are some HD YT videos, each stadium seat is fitted with an L.E.D. cluster panel to create the massive stadium effects.

ENJOY

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Well fuck you too, England!

finger.gif

I kid, of course.

United_States.gifUnited_Kingdom.gif

Nice pics Viiiper.

What will the stadium be now Football?

In theory. One club, West Ham were awarded the ground, beating off Tottenham who wanted to demolish the stadium and start again. However, Tottenham appealed the decision and I believe it's still up in the air.

I hope none of the football clubs take it,no football club should play in a stadium with an athletics track between the supporters and the field.....specially not in England where people can pretty much touch the grass from their seats......olympic stadiums are atmosphere killers when it comes to football.

• 5 weeks later...