Spartans Home

WAR-Z vs DAY-Z

EBE

maybe something here ?

ghosttown2jpg-9d762b_800w.jpg

WarzScreen4.jpg

(hit and run)

wz3jpg-9d7626_800w.jpg

http://thewarz.com/ ( B E T A ; soon...)

?Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers

?Two modes : Normal and Hardcore

?Combination first-person and third-person

?Meld of PvE (versus environment) and PvP (pl versus pl)

?Strong Role Playing Elements

?Multiple playable characters with customizable features

?Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.

?Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players

?Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved

?Up to 250 players per game server

?New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world

?free content updates...

?Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client

?Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

(this was an KALXEN found )

YOUR THOUGHTS on this ONE gentlemen ??

Edited by EBE

I read the PC Gamer article on this.

I think the features they are promising are pretty steep and it will be interesting to see if they can deliver.

If they can it would be great, but healthy competition is best.

I'd hope that competition just makes both of them work a little harder.

It seems a little odd that they've been working on this for a while with no press, but it could be that with the response to DayZ they thought it would be a good opportunity to get the word out. Thing is, they could also be full of crap. :) A friend of mine in the early 90s was with a company that started an online beta called Confirmed Kill that they partnered with Domark with. Domark was really good at claiming credit for the project and were kind of poleaxed when the team doing the development told them to piss up a rope and went with another company's graphic engine. Domark then went on a PR campaign (taking the name Confirmed Kill with them) and saying they were the real force behind the project (When the ARMA vs OFP:DR kerfuffle came up my friend's story came to mind). Finally a year or so later the news slowly leaked out that they were terminating the Confirmed Kill project. They went on to great things with Tomb Raider, not sure if they ever got back into simulation. My friends company renamed their project warbirds.

But thing is just because someone throws up some (concept?) pictures doesn't mean that there's necessarily a mature project behind the smoke and mirrors.

Edited by SM_Fish

What makes me think they are trying to capitalize on DayZ is how much seems directly copied from DayZ (The tile being one of them).

But if you look at some of the player models they created you even have the baseball cap, longsleeve, rucksack wearing soldier look. Could be complete coincidence but DayZ's models are a result of the PMC addon and will be switched out. I don't understand the motivation behind it, as most people would assume you would have a rag-tag disheveled look.

WarzScreen.jpg

maybe something here ?

ghosttown2jpg-9d762b_800w.jpg

WarzScreen4.jpg

(hit and run)

wz3jpg-9d7626_800w.jpg

http://thewarz.com/ ( B E T A ; soon...)

?Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers

?Two modes : Normal and Hardcore

?Combination first-person and third-person

?Meld of PvE (versus environment) and PvP (pl versus pl)

?Strong Role Playing Elements

?Multiple playable characters with customizable features

?Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.

?Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players

?Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved

?Up to 250 players per game server

?New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world

?free content updates...

?Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client

?Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

(this was an KALXEN found )

YOUR THOUGHTS on this ONE gentlemen ??

bew<are of the ..

601535_143928215741997_603828188_n.jpg

Dont know what to make from this War Z looks very similar and could be suspect compaired to Dayz but the game style reads diffrent and i get the feeling of a scripted game like you need to level up befor going into this area ect but still open world environment just that most of it will be locked. If thats the case ill just wait for arma 3 and the dayz mod on that with the ragdoll zeds :D

I have to admit. I'm rather intrigued. From what I see, it looks to be a lot like Fallout. Open world, but you could easily step into a pile of get-your-ass-kicked. I might keep an eye on it. If it trumps DayZ in the bug department, then I'm sold. However, I'll do my research on it first. Not really into playing a Borderlands style zombie game. It could go either way. Interesting, nonetheless.

More news about The War Z

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/27/the-war-z-new-screenshots-interview-on-weapons-game-systems-ambition/2/

*Gold will be used for currency along with items (ammo, food, etc.)

*The annoucement regarding some features in the game are confirmed and is not just a wish list.

*A "skill tree" will be in the game. IE if you want to work on your physical abilities (holding more gear, run faster) or how you handle your weapon.

*Game should be released this fall. (Not that far away)

*Weapon attachedments will be more realistic. Meaning, finding a scope will not increase spread. MOre along the lines of a silencer will slow down your bullet. '

*The game has been in the making for 2 years now. So it does pre-date dayZ

*Finding guns will be realistic - You will rarely find an m16 in a house, but have a higher chance of finding a baseball bad/knife. Larger weapons will be found around police stations and military posts.

*Proximity voice chat - Looks like from their studies....People will just use teamspeak. Strongly disagree with this.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

14662d1243902493-world-war-z-preparedness.jpg

Shit Hells Angels

The-War-Z-7.jpg

N00biachi wood say now ; I HATE WAR-Z

WarZNight32.jpg

You seee that window on the right 5th floor ,thats where KARL is .

The-War-Z-2.jpg

Sorry zombs , PET DETECTIVE

The-War-Z-9.jpg

looks big ,Not?

the-war-z-1.jpg

All i need is a boat , damned..

the-war-z-8.jpg

http://www.thewarz.com/

Looks quite nice, really. I wonder what game engine they are using?

It's the Eclipse engine. The good thing is, this has been in development for longer than DayZ. Before DayZ, in fact. I wouldn't put it past Rocket to have stolen the basic idea. In turn, War-Z has stolen some ideas from the DayZ book, as well. So it all balances out. :thumbsup_anim:

As long as it plays smoothly!

If they pull this off, they will have set the bar pretty high. 250 players on 1 server WITH AI (with 50 players there were 1200 AI, so with 250...at LEAST 6000 AI Zombies!) By any means that is impressive.

• 2 months later...

And Alpha testing has begun. I'm not sure how much others have had the chance to work with, but I've logged several hours. I'd like to share my findings but some need to know info first.

The game is in early alpha, and only 30% of the map is open for exploration. Also, the server cap is only 40. Come release the cap will be around 70-100. Guns are rare and ammo is even more rare. Still there, but at the moment, difficult to obtain.

Here's what I've seen so far.

- At first there was a major issue of client crash, but the devs released a hot fix within hours of release. It mitigated the crashing but did not completely fix it. Now, it seems to have completely stopped crashing all together. It seems, for the moment, the devs are paying close attention. Here's to hoping that holds out.

- Second, it seemed the loot system was horribly wrong. Search 10 buildings and you're lucky to find a granola bar. I died of thirst because of this lack of loot. It seems the devs are still fine tuning this system to be proportional to the number of players. At the current point, I'm finding more loot. I feel like it's balancing out.

- A major issue that is to still be floating is the aspect of invisible zombies. Players getting killed because they passed right by a zombie they couldn't see. Personally, I have not had it happen. But I have heard the zombie sounds coming from thin air.

- Finally, the great debate is on. PvP. In such a small area, PvP is running rampant. Players are spawning in and turning it into a flashlight grand melee. It has been difficult to play for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time without getting clocked by a bat. The general consensus is that this is hindering testing, severely. I tend to agree. I can't effectively explore a city and make sure there isn't an invisible black hole to fall in or a mysterious gravity vortex that crushes me from walking through it. Aside from dying of thirst once, all of my deaths have been at the hands of other players camping out in areas where food and water are available.

In conclusion, I'd say that this game still needs a lot of work. But hey, what alpha stage game doesn't? I'm seeing fixes coming down at a relatively rapid rate, so points for that. The argument is hot and heavy on the PvP issues. Should they disable it for Alpha? Should they create dedicated PvE servers? Unknown. That battle rages on. Aside from that, the game is shaping up to be what DayZ could have been. Minus the Arma 2 traits. Still up in the air, but I am optimistic that this will shape up to be a very enjoyable zombie survival game. We shall soon see.

I played for @ 3 hours today, not one crash. Getting more solid. The loot algorithm is harder to find anything than DayZ ever did. I have pretty much stayed in a near death state through thirst or hunger for most of the time. Met up with 4 others guys on a server and we all ran from town to town looking for things. Best loot spot so far was way up north by a church. Have yet to find a weapon, but I hear guys in global state they are finding them... could be BS.

Sorry Skaz. Totally my bad. But in my defense, I was hunting someone with a pistol and that guy was in the direction you sprang out from. It was dark. Tensions were high. Itchy trigger finger. You know how it is. If you'd like, I'll let you waste me one good time.

So, I did find a Mossberg. The only ammunition was the shells in it. 8 rounds. I burned them from finding it to dying with it. So anyone killing me would receive an empty shotgun. With ammo rare, it'll do them no good. Gotta admit, I'm getting the hang of this one.