Spartans Home

Rome Total War 2

EMT~SPARTA~

Bwahaha I knew it. Thank god, the wait is over at long last.

From the developer:

Ships and armies can now take part in the same battles when the situation demands it. As troop-carrying biremes crashed into the shore, Roman boats armed with catapults kept their distance and provided covering fire for the dismounting troops, who formed into ranks before charging up the beach towards the walls. I later asked if this ‘rolling start’ meant that the deployment phase was a thing of the past, but that’s not the case – instead, CA are looking to be more flexible about how battles can begin, based on various circumstances. Beach landings are a confirmed feature, according to lead battle designer Jamie Ferguson, and there’s room for other non-traditional openings as well.

EPIC.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

The details of this look great.

Honestly if they just kept re-releasing Rome Total War and Medieval Total War every 5 years or so with a new engine and new mechanics, I would be happy.

You and me both, brother. Though to be honest, if they included the entire world and all it's continents, and allowed you to create new settlements on unclaimed land, then it'd truly be awesome. Kind of like Civilization, but not so dull. thumbsup_anim.gif

A shame they are dumbing down management and strategy even more,its already a stupid strategy game....i love the battles but this series needs a real time strategy map+in depth economy,diplomacy etc.

A shame they are dumbing down management and strategy even more,its already a stupid strategy game....i love the battles but this series needs a real time strategy map+in depth economy,diplomacy etc.

I doubt they are dumbing management down all that much. But anyway it's all speculation at this point, wait till we see actual footage/screenshots of the campaign map.

And while it could be more in-depth, I think it's current depth is enough to appease hardcore fanatics while still catering to the most common denominator. If you want to manage a statistics screen all day there are much better games for that--but none of them have epic real-time battles, which is why Total War will remain King in that regard.

Oh there are much better games for that,the Total War series is absolute junk when it comes to everything else but the 3d battles; i will still buy and play it tough cause the battles are epic and fun....but for a strategy gamer the game never feels....right.

• 1 year later...